Kapwing is a collaborative platform for creating images, videos, and gifs
Quality Assurance Engineering Lead
Kapwing empowers creators. It’s an online image and video platform that people make, edit, and collaborate on multimedia projects for work, school, and life. We’re enabling modern storytellers, entertainers, educators, and visionaries to express themselves and design in the “4th dimension” (content with a timeline). Our vision is to become the go-to multimedia editor for teams to collaborate and meet demands for content quantity without sacrificing quality.
With remote work, remote learning, an economic downturn and the rise of social media as a political advocacy channel, video and media entrepreneurship have never been more relevant for the world. Join a company that's democratizing creative tools and inventing the future stack of video creation. We value velocity, growth, and impact, plus a strong community of coworkers who support each other and collaborate.
We’re also a Series A startup founded by two X-Googlers/Harvard/Stanford and backed by CRV, Kleiner Perkins and other top VCs. We've grown to millions of monthly-active creators through purely organic channels. Read more about Kapwing in TechCrunch.
- Build and maintain infrastructure to monitor releases and production systems.
- Develop quality metrics, dashboards and automated alert systems.
- Manage 3P QA vendors and eventually build a QA engineering team.
- Own automated testing suite for backend (Python) and Front-End (Cyprus + Percy). Improves developer tools and advocates for testing best practices.
- Write new test cases. Sets standard for testing best practices on the engineering team.
- Take responsibility for uptime and other application specific quality metrics.
- Analyze error trends to identify patterns and root cause systemic issues.
- Build tools to enable our support team to tackle customer issues.
- 2-6 years of experience as an SRE or QA lead.
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD.
- Comfortable with web monitoring systems such as New Relic, Paper Trail and Sentry.
Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits
Every employee has equity in the company as part of their compensation
We have lunch on the company every day, and we all eat together
Friday happy hours
Team-wide Friday happy hours for everyone at the company plus friends and family
Kapwing at a glance
Kapwing focuses on Digital Media, Social Media, Video, Entertainment, and Video Editing. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Kapwing has raised $12.7M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019.