Kapwing is a collaborative platform for creating images, videos, and gifs
Senior Product Manager
Kapwing empowers creators. It’s an online image and video platform that people make, edit, and collaborate on multimedia projects for work, school, and life. We’re enabling modern storytellers, entertainers, educators, and visionaries to express themselves and design in the “4th dimension” (content with a timeline). Our vision is to become the go-to multimedia editor for teams to collaborate and meet demands for content quantity without sacrificing quality.
With remote work, remote learning, an economic downturn and the rise of social media as a political advocacy channel, video and media entrepreneurship have never been more relevant for the world. Join a company that's democratizing creative tools and inventing the future stack of video creation. We value velocity, growth, and impact, plus a strong community of coworkers who support each other and collaborate.
We’re also a Series A startup founded by two X-Googlers/Harvard/Stanford and backed by CRV, Kleiner Perkins and other top VCs. We've grown to millions of monthly-active creators through purely organic channels. Read more about Kapwing in TechCrunch.
We're looking for our first product manager to partner closely with us on growing and improving Kapwing's Studio, a modern multimedia creative suite.
Both of Kapwing's founders are product managers, and to this point we've managed and defined product ourselves. Now, we're looking for someone incredibly creative, experience-focused, and prolific who wants to own product within a fast growing company and an ambiguous environment. This full-time position starts in August 2020 reporting to the CEO at Kapwing HQ in San Francisco.
- Evangelize vision for product with the team. Communicate about releases, milestones, and velocity.
- Define product requirements and designs for new features. Define expected behavior for bugs.
- Rigorously prioritize new features according to impact on growth and retention. Work with CEO to set product goals and roadmap upcoming features.
- Drive daily standups and track projects through to launch
- Manage releases, ensuring that products are polished and work well in production
- Talk to customers and work closely with support to get feedback about needs, features, and requirements.
- Own our project management workflow, identifying process bottlenecks and obstacles. Clean up and clarify Stories to accelerate engineering velocity.
- 2-8 years as a product manager for a software product
- Interest and passion for digital media (video, photos, or GIFs), music, and social media
- Strong UX and design skills. Loves delightful, polished experiences.
- Strong writer and communicator. Can quickly write up documentation, roadmaps, presentations, and PRDs.
- Decisive. Can make decisions quickly and defend their reasoning. Looks for data and analytics to make decisions when needed.
- Creative: Comes up with many potential solutions for a problem.
- [Preferred] Experience as a PM for a web-based SaaS product
- [Preferred] Experience and/or degree in software engineering: Can review code, write automated tests, and dig deeply into new commits
- [Preferred] Active personal social media accounts
Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits
Every employee has equity in the company as part of their compensation
We have lunch on the company every day, and we all eat together
Friday happy hours
Team-wide Friday happy hours for everyone at the company plus friends and family
Kapwing at a glance
Kapwing focuses on Digital Media, Social Media, Video, Entertainment, and Video Editing. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Kapwing has raised $12.7M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019.