Remote Patient Monitoring for Early Risk Detection and Early Intervention
Virtual Coach for Disease Management and Behavior Changes$48k – $68k • No equity
Traditional healthcare model is to focus on care within the walls of hospitals and clinics. However, once patients leave care facilities, their symptoms and abnormal trends are mostly ignored until patients initiate care outreach again. The prevalent delays between when the symptoms first occur to the time of patient outreach are driving the sharp increase in ER visits and major expensive treatments for $41+ billion per year.
KangarooHealth is reversing this care model by bringing healthcare teams to patients. KangarooHealth uses mobile technology and machine intelligence to measure and track each patient’s symptoms and key health metrics anytime anywhere, and flags patients’ abnormal symptoms and trends for healthcare teams, so that healthcare teams can intervene early and proactively reach out to patients as needed. It not only reduces healthcare costs for patients, but also saves patients from unnecessary suffering.
In addition to early detection of symptoms and trends, KangarooHealth has its coaches and therapists to help drive healthy micro-habits using evidence-based clinical programs and support patients daily via messaging in the KangarooHealth platform. The goal for healthy coaches is to ensure patient compliance to KangarooHealth platform and improving their health following evidence-based clinical programs. You will play a critical role in building trust and compliance with patients. This is your chance to bring your expert knowledge and passion to supporting patients in different stages of their recovery journey, and giving them the empathy and support they need to lead better lives.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Manage a panel of clients (patients) recovering from major medical treatments and chronic illnesses, and ensure that clients are actively using KangarooHealth’s mobile applications throughout each month.
• Communicate with your patients through in-app messaging (mostly) and phone calls.
• Reach out proactively if patients are not tracking towards their goals. Determine a coaching framework to ensure quality medical care to help patients set concrete health goals
• Be an accountability partner in helping clients use KangarooHealth’s mobile app to track and measure their symptoms, vitals, medications and doctor appointments.
• Educate clients about their chronic illnesses and recovery treatments in a non-academic manner. Provide educational experiences to patients on self management and goal setting in a non-academic manner.
• Diligently track your clients’ progress. Provide ongoing feedback, advice, and encouragement. Constantly problem solve with your clients if things seem to not be working. Analyze patient progress and develop personalized healthcare plans.
• Partner with KangarooHealth’s technology team to identify and prioritize new features as requested by clients.
• Work with our content team to research and develop new educational modules for clients.
• Work closely with the product team to identify friction points in clients’ user experience
• Given the sensitive nature of health information, maintain strict confidentiality at all times, and follow HIPAA guidelines.
Maintain confidentiality and comply with Federal and respective state’s laws regulating health management organizations and telephone information centers and all department standards and policies and procedures
Coordinate care with patients’ physicians and care teams in clinics/hospitals to drive the best care outcomes.
WHO YOU ARE:
• Passionate about health and changing people's lives.
• An exceptional people person - everyone you meet wants to give you a hug. You easily remember every detail about everyone you meet.
• Patient, attentive and resourceful - you have that special knack for unlocking people’s personal motivation to taking ownership of their health. You’ve transformed the lives of countless clients, friends, and family members.
• Highly creative with a broad toolkit for getting people to engage in their health. You are familiar with the biology of cancer, obesity and diabetes as well as the latest evidence-based diet and exercise trends.
• Exceptionally detail oriented (and confident you will be able to proactively manage all of your clients at once). Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills including exceptional listening skills.
• Open-minded, non-judgmental and compassionate - you know how hard it can be to change old habits, but you never give up on people.
• Passionate about technology and able to learn new software quickly.
• Independent, creative self-starter, flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment that encourages critical thinking and creative problem solving.
• Registered nurse practitioner, physician, with valid medical license and/or NPI number
• Degree in health-related field required such as nutrition, exercise physiology or health education.
• 2 years of experience online coaching clients one on one to help them meet their health goals.
• Skilled at using online technology to deliver care and communicate with patients.
• Health Coaching Certification
• Prior experience with CRM software is helpful.
• Registered Dietitian or CDE a Certified Health Coach or CHES is a bonus
• Experience in a virtual coaching environment preferred
• Health Coach Certification a plus.
This is a contracted, part or full-time, position. Potential to go FTE after several months.
• Work from anywhere
• Flexible hours
• Malpractice and liability insurance
• Web based technology- intuitive and easy to use
Meet your team
KangarooHealth (Stanford StartX) at a glance
KangarooHealth (Stanford StartX) focuses on SaaS, B2B, Digital Health, and Ambulatory And Acute Healthcare . Their company has offices in Palo Alto. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, KangarooHealth (Stanford StartX) has raised $500K of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2015.