Solving inefficiencies in the agri supply chain of India
Tech Lead -Android₹8L – ₹18L • 0.07% – 0.12%
Kamatan is disrupting the decades-old existing supply chain from farmers to businesses that consist of many middlemen and is mired with many inefficiencies on both demand and supply side. Kamatan has endeavored to solve this problem by building an efficient supply chain that eliminates middlemen, reduces wastage and passes on the gains on either side of the supply chain. In less than 2 years, Kamatan has sourced from 26locations across 8 states of India and delivered to 38 locations across 13 states, underscoring the strength of its nationwide network.
Kamatan was founded by IIT and IIM graduates with more than 18 yrs. of industry experience each at companies like Redbus, Myntra, TaxiForSure and Hindustan Lever. Headed by an ex-IAS officer with 35 years of service, the team is passionate about delivering an awesome experience to customers by leveraging technology as the key differentiator.
Elevar Equity, a reputed VC in Impact investment space, has invested in Kamatan. It is backed by advisors and industry veterans with many decades of experience in the Agri supply chain.
Recently, Kamatan fund-raise was covered by Economic Times and it was listed as a Top 100 Startups to watch in 2020.
Kamatan is setting up the initial core team that'll design and build the complete technology platform from the ground up.
The platform would consist of a highly scalable distributed server infrastructure and mobile apps for different stakeholders. It is being built on LAMP and MEAN stack following Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles, to support the performance and scalability needs of the business.
If you're excited to solve problems of 'Bharat' (the rural India), like offline app usage, multiple regional languages support and location based services using a bleeding-edge technology stack, this is the place you should be at!
We're looking for passionate and highly motivated individuals who are open to learning and innovation and those who want to make a difference by solving real-world problems.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
• Build from ground up, mobile apps supporting transactional and content delivery use-cases in Indian languages
• Design, develop and deploy features and APIs with high quality standards
• Manage the infrastructure hosted in the Cloud.
• Contribute significantly in reviewing code, design & test-cases authored by team.
• 4-7 years of design and development experience building mobile apps with high usage
• Excellent design, data-modeling, coding, debugging & SQL writing skills
• Hands-on experience on Android mobile app development using any of the popular frameworks.
• Hands-on experience integrating third party libraries and native device functionality usage.
• Very Good understanding of OOPS concepts and design patterns
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering from reputed institutes
• Experience building mobile apps for Indian languages is a plus