Series B funded startup solving inefficiencies in the agri supply chain of India
Tech Lead (Full Stack)₹14L – ₹22L • 0.07% – 0.1%
Kamatan is disrupting the decades old existing supply chain from farmers to businesses that consists of many middlemen and is mired with many inefficiencies on both demand and supply side. Kamatan has endeavoured to solve this problem by building an efficient supply chain that eliminates middlemen, reduces wastage and passes on the gains on either side of the supply chain. In last 2+ years, Kamatan has sourced from 34 locations across 8 states of India and delivered to 48 locations across 14 states, underscoring strength of its nationwide network.
Kamatan was founded by IIT and IIM graduates with more than 16+ yrs of industry experience each at companies like Redbus, Myntra, TaxiForSure and Hindustan Lever.
Headed by an ex-IAS officer with 35 years of service, the team is passionate about delivering awesome experience to customers by leveraging technology as the key differentiator.
Kamatan is a Series-B funded startup backed by Elevar Equity, Global Innovation Fund (UK) and Samunnati Agro Solutions. Kamatan was covered by Economic Times , Business Standard and CIO Insider. It was listed as a Top 100 Startups to watch in 2020.
Kamatan is expanding the initial team, to further build the technology platform.
The platform consists of multiple subsystems built for different stakeholders in the ecosystem: Farmers, FPOs, Suppliers, Partners. Scalable distributed server infra is built on LAMP stack using Microservices Architecture, to support the performance and scalability needs of a fast-growing business.
If you're excited to solve problems like commodity price forecasting, geospatial datasets, multi-lingual unstructured data management using cutting edge technology, this is the place you should be at!
We're looking for passionate and highly motivated individuals who are open to learning and innovation and those who want to make a difference by solving real-world problems of Bharat, the rural India.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
• Build from ground up, a scalable server infrastructure and client applications
• Design, develop and deploy features and APIs with high quality standards
• Manage the infrastructure hosted in the Cloud. Monitor system reliability and uptime.
• Contribute significantly in reviewing code, design & test-cases authored by peers.
• Along with PMs, plan component releases.
• 5-7 years of design and development experience building scalable & distributed systems
• Hands-on experience on one or more of the following tech stacks:
o Python-Django, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, nginx, RabbitMQ, Redis
o Microservices, REST APIs, Celery, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana
o Native Android mobile apps, Kotlin
o JQuery/AngularJS/Bootstrap.js, NodeJS, AJAX, HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Web Design
• Good understanding of OOPS concepts, design patterns, SQL. Good at troubleshooting/debugging.
• Experience with managing server infrastructure in AWS cloud
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering from reputed institutes
• Nice to have: Hands-on experience with analytics using Kibana and Elastic Search