Beautiful homes, better planet
Senior Accountant$100k – $120k • 0.1% – 0.2%
Looking to take your career to the next level in a fast-growing startup? New York City based e-commerce startup Furnishare is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to help manage and grow its finance operations. The company is VC funded and entering the hypergrowth phase. The successful candidate will report to the Founder/CEO and will be responsible for owning all of the finance and accounting operations. This is currently a work-from-home position, but will switch to a work-from-office role after the pandemic is over.
As the sole finance hire, your work will be highly visible and critical to our success. You will be able to (and are expected to!) make an immediate impact. You are expected to dive into the current systems, learn fast and adapt. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a strong work ethic and wants to take their career to the next level in a high visibility, high impact role.
We are a hardcore team of serial entrepreneurs, who are itching to make a dent in the world. You will have the chance to take part in a project with a meaningful purpose: to make a beautiful home accessible for all and sustainable for our planet.
If this sounds exciting to you and you’re ready for a worthy challenge, let us know!
• Execution of monthly close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting.
• Own all aspects of accounting, payroll and accounts payable, including but not limited to invoice entries, payments, revenue entries and journal entries as needed.
• Help onboard new employees to our payroll platform, maintain relevant records and prepare necessary regulatory and state requests related to payroll as needed.
• Respond to finance related inquiries from customers on a timely basis.
• Help lead the implementation of best practices in the finance team to scale our business.
• Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, ERP implementation, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
This is a position for someone coming from an accounting background, who has outstanding organizational skills, strong work ethic and willingness to do hands on work to get the job done.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or CPA is a must.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of related accounting or GL experience, preferably in e-commerce.
• Big Four experience highly preferred.
• Strong Excel skills, and comfort with extremely large data volume.
• Ability to work under time pressure, prioritize workload and meet strict deadlines.
• Positive attitude and flexibility, especially in the period of month/quarter/year-end closing.
• Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
• SQL skills are a plus, but not required. We will teach you if you don’t know SQL.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary: $100,000 – $120,000
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, Long Term Disability, 401K (4% match), Equity
Meet your team
Medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability insurance
401k contributions matched up to 4%
Kaiyo at a glance
Kaiyo focuses on E-Commerce, Moving, and Furniture. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kaiyo has raised $2M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.