Helping lawyers effectively connect with their clients
Senior Web Developer, Full Stack$85k – $110k • No equity
Kaitongo Inc. is a new legal technology company supporting the shifting lawyer-client engagement paradigm in an industry that is rapidly disrupting due to the influence of technology and related new business models. Kaitongo’s tool will support lawyers to become more proactive and client centric by providing them with actionable company and industry content that spurs productive conversations and reasons to build a relationship with clients and prospective clients, a feature set that has become increasingly relevant in the post pandemic environment.
We are an exciting proven start up that needs a key partner to join us as our lead technologist and the go-to guru for anything related to tech. We want to continue to improve our platform every single day to better the experience for our customers. You will be a critical part of our dynamic team and will be here to ensure the successful execution of the companys business mission. You will either step into a leadership role where you will be hands on with development and lead others, or if you have the potential, you will grow into your role.
Reporting to the CEO or a person designated by CEO, the role is responsible for executing on the defined technology roadmap, which will include working with and managing existing team and also contributing to continued feature definition and development.
- Work directly with CEO and other members of the management team, including advisers, to implement existing technology roadmap but also contribute to further platform evolution. This includes but is not limited to:
- Architecting, developing and managing development of new platform features.
- Project management on Jira, defining and managing sprints
- Managing developer(s), including hiring and training co-ops and interns.
- Platform expansion includes feature development for user facing web application, as well as improving back-end content pipe i.e. including but not limited to Scraping websites Data cleaning/pre-processing, Extracting information from content, building NLP classifiers organize content, Working with data analysts to improve the quality of NLP classifiers and the overall data collection/labelling process
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Education required: University degree Computer Science, Engineering, related field
- Experience required: 3-5 years of full-time professional web development, preferably in an early stage start-up environment as Tech Lead/Website/Platform developer/Senior Web developer full stack
- Excellent knowledge of Python development, Django REST framework
- Backend web development fundamentals (ex. Experience with Django/Flask or an equivalent web framework for building REST APIs)
- Data science fundamentals (ex. knowledge of modelling using sklearn)
- Experience working with, but not limited to, MYSQL database
- Ability to understand technical documents such as API specifications
- Excellent team and communications skills
- Ability to receive and prioritize instruction
- Candidate must already be located in Toronto or surrounding areas to be considered
- Experience with remote teams
- Knowledge of NLP
- Knowledge of DevOps infrastructure, such as Docker/Kubernetes or deploying to DigitalOcean/AWS
- Knowledge of ML infrastructure (ex. Tensorflow serving)
- Ability to participate in strategic planning by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives
- Understanding of the professional services industry
Equity participation is an option and overall compensation package will be a combination of base salary, bonus and appropriate equity allocation