Data analysis for companies to build financial profiles
Juvo was founded with an overarching mission: to establish financial identities for the billions of people worldwide who are creditworthy, yet financially excluded. In partnership with mobile network operators, Juvo’s proprietary Identity Scoring technology uses data science, machine learning and game mechanics to create an identity-based relationship with anonymous prepaid users, opening up access to otherwise unattainable mobile financial services.
Since emerging from stealth in September 2016, Juvo has increased its global reach five times over, from 100 million to 500 million, and has steadily grown its operations and employee base worldwide with 100 employees today. To date, Juvo has enabled over 400M transactions in 25 countries and 4 continents, with 1M active subscribers a day. Juvo’s mobile operator partners include Claro, Telefonica, Millicom, Sprint, Deutsche Telekom and Cable & Wireless.
In 2017, Juvo completed a Series B funding round with funding from Samsung NEXT and top-tier VCs including NEA, Wing Venture, and Freestyle Capital. Early investors in the company include the former CEOs of AT&T Wireless, NYSE, Sprint, Telefonica International and Vodafone Group. Juvo is frequently profiled in top tier tech and business press and our proprietary technology, Identity Scoring, is award winning.
We are Global
We are specifically building a company with a global focus made up of people who are globally minded and globally interested. Who have the drive and desire to solve a complex problem around the world. We want to build a globally diverse team who bring to Juvo very diverse thinking and perspectives. We are also building products for global markets and need to be attuned to local needs.
We are focused on making progress, getting things done. That we are a team of doers. We check our egos and focus on how we can make progress. As managers we are always to some degree player-coaches. We're ready and willing to jump in while we're focused on building the skills and capabilities of the teams around us. We are action-oriented and results-driven.
We take pride in our work
We want to build a team that takes pride in what we do - both individually and as a group. We set high standards and go the extra mile to deliver products that we all take pride in. Ideally this applies to all things small and large. We also take pride in delivering internally & take responsibility for meeting commitments and delivering high-quality work.
We are trying to solve a big, complex problem in the works & it is going to take innovation and quick learning to find the right solutions. It is imperative that we are individual and as a group constantly learning, iterating and very open to different approaches.
About the Job
Juvo is looking for an experienced Data Analyst with a minimum 4+ years as a Data Analyst from ecommerce companies
- Collaborate with product, engineering, finance, and operations teams to translate business insights into decisions and actions.
- Building and maintaining key company dashboards.
- Collaborating directly with stakeholders to deeply understand their data needs.
- Work closely with our data engineering team to improve data models and flag issues
- Ad hoc analyses as needed.
- Quantitative degree
- Expert SQL skills
- Fluency in data analysis and communication, including defining a metrics strategy, conducting exploratory data analysis, and crafting data-driven reports and visualizations.
- Comfort working independently, prioritizing projects, and managing stakeholder expectations across teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of statistical analysis.
- Experience sith Sigma Computing
- Python (pandas, matplotlib, numpy)
- Comfortable working with a variety of visualization and reporting tools
- Local to Sao Paulo
- Spanish + Portuguese is an added PLUS since most of our customers are in that region.
Keys to Success
- Be globally minded
- Be focused on Customer Success and understands customer’s challenges
- Be a team-player
- Be nimble and adaptable
- Be open to new ways of learning, finding solutions and solving problems
- Be willing to share your Point of View (POV) and be willing to understand other's POV
- Be able to work closely with teams and collaborate
- Be a good listener
- Be accountable
- Follow through on project commitments and deliverables
- Communicate red flags in a timely manner
- Be open to challenges
- Be comfortable dealing with setbacks
Perks & Recreation
- Work towards a mission that matters – join us in creating the YES economy
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Great health benefits
Juvo is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Juvo is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Flexible vacation policy
We offer flexible paid time off and sick days policy. Rest and relaxation is important for us
Fully stocked kitchens
We provide fully stocked kitchens with organic and healthy snacks and weekly catered lunch
Health and wellness
Join the Juvo Run Club or take advantage of onsite yoga or mindfulness classes
Build your career with us. We invest in the continued education of our employees.
Cross-functional and team outings and activities, happy hours & celebration of holidays around the world, not to mention some serious ping pong competition
Mobile phone reimbursement
Monthly reimbursement for mobile phones is offered to all full-time employees for work-related usage.
Everyone contributes to create the YES economy
People in all functions visit our partners around the world
Juvo at a glance
Juvo focuses on Mobile, Financial Services, Telecommunications, Ventures for Good, and Personal Finance. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Buenos Aires, Makati, and Golden Beach. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Juvo has raised $59.275M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2017.