Driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes
Director, Commercial Content and Messaging
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
JUUL Labs is seeking a Director of Commercial Content and Messaging for its rapidly scaling business in San Francisco. As a member of the team, you will bring proven expertise in communication, as well as a strong understanding of narrative and content, with experience making executive-level presentations and briefings. In this role, you will work with teams across the organization—executive office, sales, business development, and regulatory—in order to share JUUL’s message in a compelling and relatable way with a variety of audiences. Your work will facilitate conversations that advance the objectives of the company. Key responsibilities include:
* Develop the overall communications strategy for messaging to non-consumer audiences, including all partner, business development, regulatory, and scientific briefings
* Design and execute a tactical plan that ensures we have a both a messaging plan and supporting content for every high-likelihood meeting, from Department of Defense officials to Healthcare Administrators; build an index of content to support this effort
* Create visionary and compelling internal and external-facing content and presentations
* Conduct training with teams across the company to ensure that they are ready to deliver the right message at the right time to the right audience
* Represent our company and share our message as a speaker in appropriate forums
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
* 10+ years of experience in communications or corporate marketing
* Exceptional communication, story-telling, and presentation skills with the ability to tailor messaging to different audiences and different functions; ability to take complex and make it simple
* Passion for creating user experiences with content that tells a strong story and drives behavior
* Experience working closely with sales teams, supporting shared revenue targets
* An entrepreneurial spirit and a proven ability to successfully drive projects with minimal guidance while delivering against tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Strong problem-solving and strategy skills, backed by a functional understanding of finance, sales, product, marketing, supply chain, e-commerce, and regulatory / legal
* Organized and efficient, with a focus on attention to detail
* Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility, and character
Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA and/or advanced degree preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS
* A place to grow in your career—we are rapidly scaling, and you will have the opportunity to take on large amounts of responsibility very quickly
* Supportive team members and managers
* Catered lunch and fully stocked snacks and drinks
* Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits, and discounts on JUUL products
* Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
* Generous referral bonus program
* Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s most exciting cities
Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
With 4% matching.
Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
Snacks & drinks
Boundless snacks and drinks. Catered lunch daily.
Cell phone subsidy and commuter benefits.
A place to grow
We’ll help you set big goals, then watch you exceed them.
Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
JUUL Labs at a glance
JUUL Labs focuses on E-Commerce, Consumer Goods, B2B, Consumer Electronics, and Leisure. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, JUUL Labs has raised $14.407B of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.