Driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes
Retail Business Analyst(Category Manager)
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking a Retail Business Analyst(Category Manager) to manage a group or category of products for our company. You will be the one responsible for the pricing and overall promotion of a product category to maximize consumer appeal. Relationships with vendors and product range management will also be part of your duties.
An excellent category manager must have extensive experience in understanding consumer needs and the retail environment. They must have a commercial mindset and full comprehension of marketing and sales principles. Exceptional communication skills are also key for category managers. The goal is to increase sales and profitability of business to drive sustainable growth.
* Identify insights, create opportunities, and deliver solutions that drive profitable sales growth
* Manage external and internal customer relationships (influencing strategy & execution)
* Develop long term category plans, strategies, tactics, and tools that support national initiatives
* Direct and perform analysis across a wide variety of retail business development issues
* Participation in joint calls with field sales personnel on Key Accounts
* Uses consumer and customer insights to develop trade and occasion-based marketing tools/ programs for execution by field sales team
* Works with Trade Marketing team to represent the needs of the channel/customers in the development of all brand programs and tools that get executed in the channel
* Evaluates all programs to identify key indicators of success and measuring impact and developing insights
* Responsible for executing post-evaluations, as well as gathering feedback from customers and developing strategies for future programming and planning
* Shared accountability (with sales) for volume and execution
* Determine the positioning of a product category to maximize visibility
* Manage category space responsibilities for account: Present shelf capabilities to retailer; Develop/recommend brand assortment and shelf schematic/planograms; Communicate/coordinate reset schedules/guidelines; Track and measure results.
* Liaise with marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category
* Work with demand planning to develop forecasts to ensure the sustainability of inventory
* Assume responsibility of budget development and revenue for category
* Work with 35-150 store locations
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
* 2-3 years of general sales, marketing and distribution experience in a fast-paced, high performance consumer goods environment
* 3+ years of Analyzing data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends
* Knowledge of category management tools and processes
* Advanced computer software proficiency (including: Word, Excel, Power Point, Sharepoint), VBA is a plus.
* Strong familiarity with syndicated data, software, and measures (Nielsen, demographic data, etc.)
* Familiarity with space management activities
* Understanding of retail environment and A-B wholesaler network/processes and DSD/3-tier system
* An analytical mind with a strategic ability
* Ability to manage a wide range of multiple priorities
* Strong ability to build and influence interpersonal relationships (agency, market units, functions)
* Ability to derive insights from consumer research and analysis
* Ability to derive solutions from outside the category or industry to identify innovative approaches to the business
* Business sense/acumen/business analysis – broad business requirements required for short and long-term business planning
* Mandatory University Degree in Business or related field
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
* A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
* People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
* Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
* Boundless snacks and drinks
* Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
* Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
* Location. Chicago, Il Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cu...
Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
With 4% matching.
Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
Snacks & drinks
Boundless snacks and drinks. Catered lunch daily.
Cell phone subsidy and commuter benefits.
A place to grow
We’ll help you set big goals, then watch you exceed them.
Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
JUUL Labs at a glance
JUUL Labs focuses on E-Commerce, Consumer Goods, B2B, Consumer Electronics, and Leisure. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, JUUL Labs has raised $14.407B of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.