Driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes
Director Trade Marketing - National Accounts
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL is seeking a top tier candidate for the role of Director, Trade Marketing Key Accounts for our JUUL product. This position will be responsible for the development of all major trade and retail marketing initiatives into key accounts including strategy support, branding, budget, execution, and ROI on KA assets. Although this role will be based in San Francisco, it will be responsible for JUUL accounts across North America. The ideal candidate should have extensive problem-solving skills and be comfortable in our emerging category as well as working in cross-functional teams across the organization.
* Manage team of 5-7 marketing managers focused on national key accounts in the convenience, mass (e.g Walmart. Target), military, & duty-free channels
* Provide close collaboration and support to VP, National Key Accounts VP.
* In partnership with VP, National Key Accounts - develop a strategy and calendar for national account campaigns, promotions, new product launches, loyalty program partnerships and merchandising at organized chain accounts
* Align with input from Category Management function. Formulate plans and strategies which drive enhanced Shopper Marketing experience at retail.
* Deploy retail POS/POP retail solutions as articulated from the Retail Strategy & POP Development resource. Provide planning & facilitation to KAs in support of the innovative pipeline
* Be seen as a key Trade Marketing representative of central Trade Marketing by our top National Accounts; form relationships with functional equivalents at customers
* Manage B2B team (1-2) focused on B2B advertising and tradeshow event execution
* Develop cross-channel B2B marketing plan in conjunction with VP, Trade Marketing and manage execution in partnership with VP National Accounts and associated teams
* Collaborate with Sales Strategy & Category Director, Key Accounts in driving a uniform and aligned JUUL POS strategy
* Oversee organized trade program implementations with sales and marketing teams
* Communicate POP needs and opportunities into the Trade Marketing Shopper Marketing Director
* Work with creative and brand marketing teams on the development and delivery of marketing assets
* Conduct analysis on marketing programs ensuring KPIs are met or exceeded; responsible for providing regular performance updates to management
* Assist in developing field marketing process and plans
* Assist in managing third party suppliers and production process
* Become the product expert for Sales and Retailer needs
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
* 7-10 years of relevant experience in (B2B, Retail & Trade Marketing), ideally in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) within the Convenience, Mass or Grocery Trade
* Minimum of 2-3 years of experience managing teams
* 3+ years Shopper Marketing experience
* Understand how consumers think and act in retail and trade and activate programs to reach them most effectively
* Full understanding of the retail marketing cycle from ideation to execution and measurement
* Strong eye for detail and process management
* Self-motivated, team player, with a strong desire to learn new skills and grow teams
* Experience working with national retail chains in Food/Drug/Convenience
* Experience in sales function okay, marketing skills are more critical
* Experience working in regulated categories a plus
* Exceptional communication skills including oral and written
* Ability to multi-task or focus on detailed problems, and tenacity to drive issues until resolved.
* BS degree, marketing or business administration preferred
* MBA preferred, but not required
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
* A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
* Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
* Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
* Boundless snacks and drinks
* Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
* Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
* This position reports to the Director – Trade Marketing National Accounts
* This position can be located either in New York or Chicago.
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diver...
Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
With 4% matching.
Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
Snacks & drinks
Boundless snacks and drinks. Catered lunch daily.
Cell phone subsidy and commuter benefits.
A place to grow
We’ll help you set big goals, then watch you exceed them.
Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
JUUL Labs at a glance
JUUL Labs focuses on E-Commerce, Consumer Goods, B2B, Consumer Electronics, and Leisure. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, JUUL Labs has raised $14.407B of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.