Driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes
Clinical Data Analyst
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Looking for local San Francisco Bay Area applicants.
We are looking for a Clinical Data Analyst (CDA) to turn data into information, then information into insight and
observations, with the goal for our business unit to review the pattern of these observations and use
this information when making business decisions. The candidates need to be very curious , who
enjoy diving deep into the material to find observations into a yet unknown question. They need to
have a natural desire to go beneath the surface of a problem. They need to be thinkers who can ask
the right (business) questions. We’ll ask this CDA to collect and study data to reveal ways to
improve our business, or databases. The data would involve almost surveys, marketing, sales,
research or resources databases. This position involves problem-solving, mathematics, computer
skills and studying sets of both unstructured and structured data.
We will supply the CDA with data sets, a scenario or problem, and the analyst must regularly
pour through data and make observations. The analyst will analyze information from various sources
that might help us better understand our situation and then study the information to uncover patterns
and outliers. They must be able to identify and interpret patterns and trends, assess data quality and
eliminate irrelevant data.
The CDA communicates the results of their analysis as a comprehensive report to company
decision makers. He/She designs the report and includes tools that can help those involved easily
digest the data, such as statistics, graphs, images and lists. He/She wouild distribute the report via a
face-to- face meeting presentation to SME.
The CDA could provide database design services (nice to have, not need to have). They also
collect data using a variety of methods, such as data mining and hardcopy or electronic
documentation, to improve or expand databases. Additionally, the data analyst should be able to
make recommendations about the methods used to collect, analyze and manage data to improve
data quality and the efficiency of our systems.
* Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
* Implement strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
* Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
* Identify, analyze, and observe trends or patterns in structured and unstructured data sets
* Filter, “clean” and “normalize” data
* Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
* Locate and define new opportunities for process improvement
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics; MS preferred.
* 5+ working experience as a clinical data analyst with experience with clinical trials
* Technical expertise regarding data models, data mining and segmentation techniques
* Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (SAS, Viseo, Tableau, Qlickview) and
* Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
* Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
* Good verbal communication skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Basic understanding of how a business and strategy work
* Ability to work autonomously
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
* A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
* People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
* Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
* Boundless snacks and drinks
* Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
* Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
* Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufactu...
Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
With 4% matching.
Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
Snacks & drinks
Boundless snacks and drinks. Catered lunch daily.
Cell phone subsidy and commuter benefits.
A place to grow
We’ll help you set big goals, then watch you exceed them.
Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
JUUL Labs at a glance
JUUL Labs focuses on E-Commerce, Consumer Goods, B2B, Consumer Electronics, and Leisure. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, JUUL Labs has raised $14.407B of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.