Driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes
Territory Sales Manager - Sacramento
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for managing and growing an assigned territory within the West Region by adding new points of distribution, establishing relationships with our Retail Partners and their staff, distribution partners and their sales reps, and others to provide them with valuable insights about the industry / category, our leading innovative products, consumer profiles/trends to consistently exceed their expectations in our knowledge and attentiveness to their overall business needs and the growth of their overall business in the category. Proficiency with sales technologies, including but not limited to CRM software, communication technologies and software, etc. is necessary for success in this role. We are looking for individuals who thrive in an energetic, creative, innovative and data driven environment. Candidates should have the talent to execute successfully on these challenging business objectives. If you have those qualities and want to succeed in a fast moving and exciting environment, we want to give you an opportunity to maximize your potential and begin an exciting career with JUUL in the West region.
We’re looking for employees who are motivated to take on responsibility, accountability and want an opportunity to really make a difference. Our sales professionals do this by educating retailers, distribution partners and connecting with our adult tobacco consumers in a "1 on 1" manner with the purpose of gaining trial and transitioning adult smokers from combustion cigarettes to JUUL as well as drive retailer and influencer engagement and advocacy.
* Please note you are applying for a role within the West region. We are currently looking to add Territory Sales Managers in California and Washington. TSMs are required to live in their assigned territories. Travel within the West Regions may be required as needed.
* Devise Sales strategies with the goal of increasing points of distribution, shelf space, product positioning, consumer awareness, trial, conversion and ultimately user acquisition.
* Calling on established accounts and prospecting new traditional and nontraditional retailers; i.e Speciality retailers (Vape, Smoke, Tobacconists), C-Stores, Bodegas, etc.
* Plan, organize, and execute sales strategies and territory plans.
* Develop SWOT and territory analysis and execute sales strategies against analysis with data driven decision making.
* Work collaboratively with Trade Marketing to increase awareness and positioning at Retail.
* Work cross-functionally with HQ (San Francisco), Regional Office / Team and other teams nationally.
* Proficient and or adept to using today’s sales technologies and software, especially CRM - SalesForce, to identify, analyze and act upon leads, opportunities, sales funnels, customer data.
* Selling and executing local, regional and national Trade Marketing and branding initiatives into existing and prospective accounts.
* Achieving OKR’s (KPI’s) set for the company, regional team and individual performance.
* Building deep “Trusted Advisor” relationships with store managers / owners and distribution partner’s sales teams by providing expertise and knowledge of the industry, retail strategies and sales tactics.
* Engaging in product trainings, demos, consumer awareness, branding and acquisition initiatives.
* Enthusiastically promoting the marketing message and product mix through direct discussions with retailers using data and analytical proficiency, as well as using influencing skills to promote a beneficial business plan for JUUL and our retail partners.
* Consistently representing yourself and applying JUUL Labs company values in all business interactions It is expected that Territory Sales Managers will become not only a passionate product and industry / category experts, as well as a valuable business consultant / advisor whose analysis, judgment and knowledge of the consumer and industry dynamics makes for a valuable partner to all of our customers; retail partners, distribution partners, etc.
* Possibly attend trade shows and events to market product.
* Possibly attend retailer and distributor product and sales training events.
* Drive retailer engagement and improve retailer satisfa...
Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
With 4% matching.
Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
Snacks & drinks
Boundless snacks and drinks. Catered lunch daily.
Cell phone subsidy and commuter benefits.
A place to grow
We’ll help you set big goals, then watch you exceed them.
Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
JUUL Labs at a glance
JUUL Labs focuses on E-Commerce, Consumer Goods, B2B, Consumer Electronics, and Leisure. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, JUUL Labs has raised $14.407B of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.