Driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes
Chief of Staff
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUULpods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the company behind the #1 vapor product in the U.S., JUUL Labs is growing quickly. Our company is in need of a highly organized, highly motivated individual with outstanding interpersonal and project management skills to act as Chief of Staff for the company’s chief public affairs officer.
As chief of staff, this individual will support JUUL Labs’ Chief Government Affairs Officer. With skills of a consultant, implementer, and strategist, the successful candidate will ensure streamlined activities within the function based on the priorities of the chief public affairs officer, in conjunction with the CEO and other members of the executive management team. The chief of staff will also play a critical role in ensuring short- and long-term initiatives are appropriately prioritized, staffed and executed within a deadline. This individual will work closely with all members of the chief public affairs officer’s staff, as well as a wide range of team members from other functions.
* Work closely with Chief Government Affairs Officer officer to coordinate and track multiple projects across all departmental functions
* Lead specific projects at the direction of the Government Affairs Office
* Provide ad hoc support as needed in presentation development, research, etc.
* Coordinate as needed with other key JUUL departments, such as finance, sales, marketing and clinical
* Assess inquiries directed to the chief public affairs officer, determine the proper course of action and direct to the appropriate individual to manage
* Ensure clear and transparent communication within the chief public affairs officer’s function as well as with other company functions. Ensure any staff issues are brought to the attention of the chief public affairs officer
* Lead coordination of functional meetings
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
* 7-10 years of consulting/project management experience in a corporate and/or start-up environment.
* Experience in public policy, health sciences preferred but not required
* Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
* Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
* Outstanding verbal and written skills
* Great interpersonal skills
* Ability to coordinate and track complex initiatives from beginning to end
* Ability to perform in a very fast-paced environment
* Adaptable, action-oriented, able to think on one’s feet, cool under pressure
* Excellence in Excel, Keynote and program management software
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
* A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
* Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
* Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
* Boundless snacks and drinks
* Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
* Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
* Work in the heart of Washington DC, one of the world’s greatest cities
Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
With 4% matching.
Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
Snacks & drinks
Boundless snacks and drinks. Catered lunch daily.
Cell phone subsidy and commuter benefits.
A place to grow
We’ll help you set big goals, then watch you exceed them.
Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
JUUL Labs at a glance
JUUL Labs focuses on E-Commerce, Consumer Goods, B2B, Consumer Electronics, and Leisure. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, JUUL Labs has raised $14.407B of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.