Driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes
Senior Failure Analysis Engineer
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role Senior Failure Analysis Engineer will be responsible for determining the root cause of product failures and will provide options for corrective actions based on fault detection, isolation, and correction methods. Electronic cigarette products to be analyzed will come from lab testing and customer returns with known or unknown issues. This is a working managerial role; in addition to Failure Analysis activities, personnel management of the Failure Analysis team staff is also required.
* Demonstrated ability to determine the nature of customer satisfaction issues
* Highly skilled at deductive reasoning
* Does not confuse correlation with cause
* Understands methods for replicating and detecting issues
* Very organized; skilled at project management
* Broad experience with various technologies associated with product design
* Plastics and elastomers
* Connectors and contacts
* Extruded and coated metals
* Printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs)
* Flex circuits
* LiPolymer batteries and controls
* Logic circuits and devices
* Power control circuits and devices
* Wireless communication circuits and devices
* LED circuits and devices
* Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills’
* Experienced with Quality/Reliability Engineering techniques
* Design of Experiment (DoE)
* Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
* Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
* Demonstrated understanding of the manufacturing processes, methods, practices, environments, etc., associated with high-volume consumer products
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in a lead Failure Analysis role
* Extensive experience conducting hands-on root cause failure analysis
* Demonstrated ability to work under demanding schedule and workload conditions
* Experience working in a Quality and/or Reliability Engineering role desirable
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize numerous competing demands and problem solve decisively
* Highly experienced in manufacturing technologies, plastic and metal forming, PCB materials and fabrication, component package types and reliability comparisons.
* Well established knowledge in component level / board level physics of failure and reliability test methods, and correlation of reliability prediction tools with measured results
* An ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
* Domestic and international travel up to 25%
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics or equivalent
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
* A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
* People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
* Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
* Boundless snacks and drinks
* Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
* Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
* Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
With 4% matching.
Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
Snacks & drinks
Boundless snacks and drinks. Catered lunch daily.
Cell phone subsidy and commuter benefits.
A place to grow
We’ll help you set big goals, then watch you exceed them.
Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
JUUL Labs at a glance
JUUL Labs focuses on E-Commerce, Consumer Goods, B2B, Consumer Electronics, and Leisure. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, JUUL Labs has raised $14.407B of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.