Driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world's best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is looking for a Visual Designer to be part of the growing design team. The Visual Designer will create a delightful user interface for our digital products by incorporating meaningful animations, beautiful icons and graphics, and unified style guide.
* Maintain, update, streamline product design guide
* Creates pixel perfect user interfaces that utilize stunning interactions using 2D/motion
* Work closely with Industrial Design to understand and translate the visual language of the hardware into the digital products
* Works closely with Creative Director and Brand to maintain consistency of visual language across the organization
* Stays up to date on Android and Apple human interface guidelines
* Works with UX Designer to bring prototypes to a highly finished and polished product
* When necessary, creates multiple prototypes for AB testing maximum performance
* Works closely with engineers to bring polished items to life
* Stays on top of aesthetic and interaction trends across all digital platforms
* Outstanding portfolio of visual design work that includes motion design
* 3+ years of experience in Visual, UI, Motion design in mobile and web applications for on-market products (preferably in-house); experience with connected devices a plus
* Ability to design, animate, and hand off assets to engineering
* Understanding of product sprint cycle
* Knowledge of prototyping software such as Sketch, Principle, Figma (plus plugins like Craft and Invision), and animation software such as Adobe After Effects, Hype, or other animations software.
* Understanding of Lottie or other similar plugin, or willingness to learn Lottie a plus
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
* Self-starter, can see where visual polish is needed and can work within product development cycle to execute polish items
* An eye for world-class visual design and polish
* Ability to think and articulate designs, ideas, and thoughts, both conceptually and technically
* Desire and openness to give and receive peer feedback
* Ability to work within brand guidelines and contribute to future brand evolution
* Passion for consumer products
* Experience in software product development
* Previous startup experience is ideal but not necessary
* Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field, or portfolio that demonstrates necessary experience
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
* A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
* People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
* Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
* Boundless snacks and drinks
* Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
* Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
* Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Startup, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
With 4% matching.
Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
Snacks & drinks
Boundless snacks and drinks. Catered lunch daily.
Cell phone subsidy and commuter benefits.
A place to grow
We’ll help you set big goals, then watch you exceed them.
Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
JUUL Labs at a glance
JUUL Labs focuses on E-Commerce, Consumer Goods, B2B, Consumer Electronics, and Leisure. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, JUUL Labs has raised $14.407B of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.