Driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes
Senior Scientist Analytical Chemistry
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUULpods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director of Preclinical Affairs, the Scientist, Analytical Chemistry will support the preclinical studies for JUUL Labs.
* Develop, optimize and establish internal methodologies to characterize formulations and aerosols
* Build and lead the analytical chemistry team to provide timely results
* Work with outside contract organizations to establish, validate and maintain method specific SOPs and work instructions.
* Demonstrate expertise and skill at sifting through analytical data to assure proper established requirements are applied to comply with regulatory requirements.
* Demonstrate knowledge of analytical assessment of individual chemical and possible interaction of various chemicals affect the analytical measurement.
* Communicate regularly with peers and superiors in Regulatory as well with R&D departments.
* Work with R&D chemists to perform some hand-on in-laboratory.
* Periodic travel to contract organizations to ensure proper established methods are applied.
* Contribute to the preparation and review of scientific manuscripts
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
* Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry
* 2-5 years of experience (postdoc or industry experience)
* Hands on experience with method development using analytical instrumentations (HPLC, GC, GC-MS, UV-VIS, ICP-MS)
* Knowledge of ISO 17025 standard preferred
* Experience in managing analytical chemistry study design
* Experience in aerosol analytical chemistry is preferred but not required
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
* A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
* People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
* Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
* Catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
* Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
* Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
* Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
With 4% matching.
Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
Snacks & drinks
Boundless snacks and drinks. Catered lunch daily.
Cell phone subsidy and commuter benefits.
A place to grow
We’ll help you set big goals, then watch you exceed them.
Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
JUUL Labs at a glance
JUUL Labs focuses on E-Commerce, Consumer Goods, B2B, Consumer Electronics, and Leisure. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, JUUL Labs has raised $14.407B of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.