Driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes
Senior Reliability Engineer
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Reporting to the Director of Reliability, you will work within the Reliability team alongside the JUUL product sustaining team. The Product Reliability Engineer is responsible for clearly communicating and addressing leading technical risks and characteristic reliability associated with Juul products and processes. In this role you will use data and experience to drive continuous product and process improvement, be responsible for understanding and analyzing designs, and produce and deliver appropriate test plans and methodologies based on design, process, and/or material risks.
* Champion Design for Reliability (DfR) at every stage of the Juul product lifecycle
* Prepare concise, detailed, and focused reliability test plans and reports
* Transform consumer requirements into product technical requirements and tests that validate product and process robustness
* Support the supplier qualification process for new or modified components, materials, or processes. Create case studies and experiments to characterize the effects of variability in material, process, manufacturing, environment, and consumer use
* Drive continuous improvement projects to reduce manufacturing or design related risks, ultimately improving customer satisfaction or reducing cost
* Participate with product teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products
* Manage domestic and international outsourced lab work for testing and analysis
* Utilize reliability statistics to identify trends and provide clear assessment of risks
* Statistical data analysis includes sample planning and failure distribution modeling
* Directly support manufacturing activities related to product integrity and reliability
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* 3+ years of experience as a Reliability Engineer or equivalent
* Experience designing and performing tests, including Mechanical Stress Tests, Shock/Drop/Vibration Testing, Environmental Testing
* Ability to use fundamental failure analysis methodology to derive a root cause of failure
* Knowledge of industry test standards
* Solid understanding of mechanical design
* Substantial experience with Design of Experiments (DoE) methodology
* Experience facilitating and conducting Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
* Background in Electrical/Mechanical/Materials Engineering or Physical Sciences
* Experience in manufacturing technologies, plastic and metal forming, PCB materials and fabrication, component package types and reliability comparisons
* Experience driving evaluations, test and verification for consumer products.
* Well established knowledge in component-/board-level physics of failure and reliability test methods, and correlation of reliability prediction tools with measured results
* Ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to development and sustaining efforts
* Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
* Consumer electronics experience is preferred
* Domestic and international travel up to 25% is required.
* BS degree in a technical field or industry required
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
* A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
* Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
* Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
* Boundless snacks and drinks
* Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
* Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
* Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
With 4% matching.
Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
Snacks & drinks
Boundless snacks and drinks. Catered lunch daily.
Cell phone subsidy and commuter benefits.
A place to grow
We’ll help you set big goals, then watch you exceed them.
Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
JUUL Labs at a glance
JUUL Labs focuses on E-Commerce, Consumer Goods, B2B, Consumer Electronics, and Leisure. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, JUUL Labs has raised $14.407B of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.