Driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes
Sr Dir US Merchandising Execution
The Senior Director of US Merchandising Execution will lead and oversee a large 3rd party team of hundreds of CPG merchandisers and sales associates which executes a large scope of merchandising projects and resets for tens of thousands of retail stores throughout the United States.
This position will be responsible for ensuring full execution of this 3rd party team and will do so by managing inputs from regional & global leadership teams. This position will also be responsible for building a national team of Merchandizing Managers that will work remotely covering key regions to help ensure proper execution. This position will need to monitor, report, enforce, train, and oversee any and all operations related to this field force. This position reports to the Chief Sales Officer.
* Act as Juul’s primary point of contact managing and driving the relationship with a nationally assigned 3rd party merchandiser
* Ensure POS retail planning, communication, and promotional spend is effective and efficient
* Synthesize customer and consumer insights into meaningful POS management
* Drive improvements in retail space-management
* Establish and maintain a service prodiver scorecard (analytic set) which is regularly reported to HQ, regional teams, and the service provider
* Fully coordinate program plans with central and regional Trade Marketing teams
* Translate Category Management and Consumer insights into meaningful & actionable merchandising tactics
* Identify merchandizing tactics and plans that promote in-store presence and maximize oveall POS effectiveness
* Understand and drive reductions in retail out-of-stocks
* Verify execution of retail initiatives and POS programs; translate key deliverables and guidelines from HQ & regional leadership teams into a meaningful set of merchandizing guidelines and controls
* Communicate and ensure resolution on task completing
* Create & Distribute project instructions, train merchandisers & sales associates appropriately
* Responsible for submitting concerns back to HQ, and ensuring the completion of surveys
* Monitor & provide ongoing performance feedback to 3rd party management
* Manage and monitor merchandising execution related budget to ensure 3rd party stays in line with expectations
* Participate as and serve as Marketing Operations SME for special projects
* Perform proof of concept projects and provide feedback to leadership through structured process
* Conduct in market evaluations & audits of field team to ensure compliance
* Provide guidance, set priorities, and assist with assigned tasks related to projects and resets
* Build effective management oversight team
* Drive & maintain continual improvement of promotion effectiveness
Undergraduate degree, ideally in engineering or business
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 10+ years
* A background in CPG retail merchandizing
* Experience in POS promotion planning and execution management
* Understanding of promotion analytics and execution management
* Understanding of pricing promotions and shelf-management
* Experience working in CPG retail merchandising service industry or working directly for large scale retailer with multi-location responsibility, ideal experience managing large national sales brokers
* Excel, powerpoint, project management software guru
* Project Execution Background
* 5+ years of supervisory/management experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:1. Planning and Organizing / Problem Solving: Obtains and manages resources so that work goals are accomplished on time and within budget. Analyzes information to generate solutions and make informed decisions. Reacts quickly and appropriately to problems in stores / districts. Follows-up in a timely manner to issues not immediately resolvable.
* Delegation: Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks.
* Communicates Effectively: Creates open channels of communication. Keeps others well informed. Listens carefully to input and feedback. Expresses ideas clearly and concisely.
* Conflict Management: Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities and can hammer out tough agreements.
* Gets Things Done: Creates a sense of urgency. Drives results despite large workload competing demands and fast-paced environments. Delegates appropriately.
* Motivating Others: Can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members.
* Building Effective Teams: Creates a feeling of belonging in the team by fostering open dialogue.
Shares wins and successes and creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team. Settle disputes equitably. Reads situations quickly and can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise. High School Degree
Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
With 4% matching.
Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
Snacks & drinks
Boundless snacks and drinks. Catered lunch daily.
Cell phone subsidy and commuter benefits.
A place to grow
We’ll help you set big goals, then watch you exceed them.
Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
JUUL Labs at a glance
JUUL Labs focuses on E-Commerce, Consumer Goods, B2B, Consumer Electronics, and Leisure. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, JUUL Labs has raised $14.407B of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.