Driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes
Senior Data Scientist - Cloud
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUULpods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Data Science at JUUL means working with varied, messy data sets and applying analytical methods to help inform and drive business and product decisions. We see ourselves as output-focussed problem solvers who value strong conceptual thinking and superb communication skills.
We are looking for for a senior data scientist experienced in working with mobile app and IoT analytics, preferably in the personal wearables or medical device space. The ideal candidate has worked on data science around user profiles and behavior as well as around device analytics and performance.
This role offers deep cross-functional exposure to the product, R&D, software and business teams at JUUL and the chance to truly impact the product development in a rapidly growing startup.
* Bachelor’s degree from a top university or equivalent
* Excellent Python, SQL and dashboard building skills
* World-class ability to extract and communicate insights from real-world datasets and to work closely with product managers and engineers to turn ambiguous question into quantifiable metrics
* Proven track record delivering high-value analytics output for mobile apps and IoT consumer devices, ideally with experience in the early stages of product and device development
* Consumer-focussed mindset and creativity in working with incomplete, messy datasets
* 7+ years applicable experience and/or a relevant advanced degree
* Technical expertise with sensor data and data streams/storage optimization is a plus
* Experience with Pandas, GCP/BigQuery, Tableau and Mode is a plus
YOU WILL ENJOY THE ROLE IF:
* You get excited about taking ownership of problems and solving them in a fast-paced and scrappy environment working cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical people
* You are output focussed and see data science as a powerful tool to get things done rather than as an end in itself
* You are a strong critical thinker with a passion for understanding complex issues and are comfortable working on ambiguous problems
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
* A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
* People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
* Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
* Boundless snacks and drinks
* Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
* Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
* Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
With 4% matching.
Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
Snacks & drinks
Boundless snacks and drinks. Catered lunch daily.
Cell phone subsidy and commuter benefits.
A place to grow
We’ll help you set big goals, then watch you exceed them.
Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
JUUL Labs at a glance
JUUL Labs focuses on E-Commerce, Consumer Goods, B2B, Consumer Electronics, and Leisure. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, JUUL Labs has raised $14.407B of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.