Driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes
Senior Medical Science Liaison (MSL)
Looking for candidates on the East Coast with Psychiatric therapeutic area experience.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The MSL is responsible for providing fair balanced, objective, scientific information and education to health care professionals (HCPs), key opinion leaders (KOLs), managed care key decision makers (KDMs), and to internal business partners as required. The MSL is responsible for identifying, building, and managing relationships with KOLs, HCPs, and other external stakeholders for their designated therapeutic area(s) as relevant and directed based on the individual team.
* Help shape a paradigm that explores potential for alternatives to cigarette smoking including mitigation and cessation through scientific exchange with KOLs
* Demonstrate fundamental therapeutic area and product knowledge to effectively contribute and support JUUL’s Medical Affairs strategies and objectives.
* Engage in scientific exchange about JUUL’s products and ensure appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information.
* Cultivate, maintain, and leverage mutually productive relationships and partnerships in the areas of medical education and clinical/scientific research with local, regional, and national KOLs, using scientific plans.
* Identify and manage relationships with KOLs as advisors, investigators, and/or speakers for JUUL activities in accordance with company policies.
* Deliver high-impact clinical presentations to diverse audiences, including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, PA’s, dietitians, social workers, and other key external customers.
* Build, update, and maintain KOL database timely.
* Leverage insights to support Medical Affairs activities, including advisory board meetings, medical congresses, and other activities as assigned.
* Attend relevant scientific congresses and symposia.
* Respond to unsolicited scientific and medical information requests.
* Provide scientific support, internally and externally.
* Maintain clinical and technical expertise in specific therapeutic area
* Understand and support Clinical Research, including IIS projects, as appropriate.
* Maintain cross-functional collaboration with internal teams: Business Planning, Patient Advocacy, Clinical, Regulatory, Legal, etc.
* Contribute to the development and implementation of medical education strategies and initiatives, publication planning, development of medical education material, internal training, etc.
* Perform and complete administrative responsibilities and internal projects timely, activity reports, KOL contact documentation, expense reports, etc.
* Provide specific and time sensitive feedback to core team on program successes, challenges and opportunities.
* Achieve all metrics as assigned
* Fully comply with all laws, regulations and JUUL Labs Policies, Code of Conduct, all privacy and data guidelines, relevant state and federal laws and regulations.
* Perform special projects and assignments as directed
* Must hold a valid driver’s license
* Work related travel expected to be up to 70%. Travel will include overnights and may involve weekends.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION: Doctorate in science (Ph.D.), Medicine (MD/DO), Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) Nurse Practitioner (NP), Physician Assistant (PA)
* 5+ years clinical experience post degree preferably in the relevant specialty for which you are applying
* 5+ years relevant related MSL experience
* Must be self-motivated in working independently.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Public speaking experience preferred.
* Effective and strong interpersonal skills combined with the ability to continually demonstrate poise, tact, diplomacy, and the ability to change the thinking of or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
* Must be able to multi-task, organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment and/or tight deadlines.
* Adept at developing relationships and building networks with KOLs, HCPs, and managed care KDMs.
* Works effectively in a team by maintaining a proactive and collaborative approach in managing situations involving both internal and external customers.
* Exercises stro...
Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
With 4% matching.
Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
Snacks & drinks
Boundless snacks and drinks. Catered lunch daily.
Cell phone subsidy and commuter benefits.
A place to grow
We’ll help you set big goals, then watch you exceed them.
Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
JUUL Labs at a glance
JUUL Labs focuses on E-Commerce, Consumer Goods, B2B, Consumer Electronics, and Leisure. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, JUUL Labs has raised $14.407B of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.