Driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is looking for a Senior Accountant. You’ll support the current accounting and finance team to timely and accurately perform various tasks needed for the monthly close. This position will also be responsible for assisting in developing processes and procedures to ensure all general ledger activity is maintained in accordance with GAAP. The ideal candidate will have a forward-thinking approach to efficient accounting processes.
* Prepare accurate, timely financial statements, accruals, and journal entries in accordance with our established schedule and with input from relevant departments
* Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
* Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Assistant Corporate Controller’s attention
* Reconcile assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts
* Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll, including journal entries
* Maintain company accounting procedures and processes
* Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements
* Ensure SOX compliance and ability to remediate non-compliance issues
* Advise on procedure and financial management
* Develop procedures to improve efficiency
* Assist with audits and taxes
* Assist in the preparation of financial information for taxes, regulatory agencies, and stockholders
* Maintain account balances and bank statements
* Manage general ledger and assist month-end/year-end close processes
* Ensure compliance with all internal processes
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
* Big 4 public accounting experience and/or CPA designation with public company experience
* Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Able to analyze financial records and interpret for other departments
* Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
* Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
* A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
* People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
* Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
* Boundless snacks and drinks
* Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
* Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
* Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
With 4% matching.
Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
Snacks & drinks
Boundless snacks and drinks. Catered lunch daily.
Cell phone subsidy and commuter benefits.
A place to grow
We’ll help you set big goals, then watch you exceed them.
Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
JUUL Labs at a glance
JUUL Labs focuses on E-Commerce, Consumer Goods, B2B, Consumer Electronics, and Leisure. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, JUUL Labs has raised $14.407B of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.