Helping you build your mental toolkit for modern work
Product Engineer$120k – $160k • 0.25% – 2.5%
What is Junto?
Our world and our work are more complex than they've ever been, and the skills we need to do our best work and build meaningful careers have changed. How we make decisions, create new things, communicate our ideas, and collaborate on teams requires new skills and thinking.
At Junto, we're building a consumer product to help people succeed in the modern workplace by making it fun and easy to learn new ways to do work. We produce fun, interactive courses people can do from their phone that teach ways to communicate their ideas clearly, motivate themselves and their teams, crank up their productivity, apply helpful business strategies and frameworks to their work, and many other things.
We work with writers, researchers, graphic designers, product designers, and software engineers to produce fun and insightful learning experiences for mobile that upgrade people's ability to kick ass at work.
Our app is available in the iOS and Google Play app stores. You check it out at JuntoHQ.com.
What you'll be doing
- Build new product features: Collaborate with us on the design and engineering of new product features. This includes contributing ideas, talking through trade-offs, and helping us use the right mental models and make the right decisions. For features you own, we expect end-to-end engineering ownership. This means the building, testing, and shipping of them.
- Craft the company culture: Be part of building our team's processes, rituals, and work philosophy: how we do work, why we do it that way, and how we can improve.
- Help us build the team: Help us find great people to join our team and help us grow the skillsets and capabilities of those people who are already on the team. It's absolutely critical that build an amazing team and place to work if we're going to succeed and be happy with what we've created.
What we're looking for
- Experience: You have 4+ years of professional full-stack web development experience, working across the stack from the database to the UI.
- Expertise: You've been part of planning, designing, building, testing, shipping, and fixing features end to end before. From idea to running in production.
- Workflow: You've worked with designers and product managers and have opinions on what makes that working relationship healthy.
What we value
Here are the values we all share that shape what it's like to work on our team. If you think there are others we should consider, please tell us. :)
- Feedback: You value regularly exchange of feedback. You understand giving and receiving feedback is a skill, and one you can improve at. You want to regularly give and receive feedback and you want to participate in helping us all get better at doing both of those things.
- Excellent Communication: We care deeply about concise, thoughtful, and empathetic communication. We will often write out our thoughts on complex topics (challenges in our work, team workflow, business model, or anything else) in a clear and concise way to get everyone on the same page. We believe writing is an excellent way to organize thinking, and while we also value live conversations when appropriate, writing helps our remote team collaborate effectively.
- Bias towards creating: We prefer to write up our thoughts, create diagrams, write some code, put together wireframes, or some other way of showing your ideas rather than only talking about them.
- Systems Thinking: We care a lot about trying to understand the underlying systems that govern the way things are happening. Rather than simply fixing a problem at the surface level, we want to solve problems as close to the root as possible.
- Flexible vacation
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
How to Apply
Email us at email@example.com. Include the role's title in your subject line In the email, include: (1) Why you're excited about what we're doing. (2) Relevant descriptions and links that best showcase your work as it fits with this role.
Junto is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Junto at a glance
Junto focuses on Mobile. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://juntohq.com