Modern, all-in-one investment management software for commercial real estate
Senior/Staff Full-Stack Software Engineer$140k – $180k • 0.03% – 0.1%
About Juniper Square
Our mission is to make the world’s private capital markets more efficient, transparent, and accessible. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets and as a result bringing access to millions who don’t currently benefit from one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology—all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization—we want to hear from you. We’ve tripled our team in each of the past three years while maintaining an excellent culture and staying true to our values. We are well-funded and building for the long-term, and are on track to triple our headcount again this year. We need YOU to help us achieve our mission.
About your role
As a full-stack engineer at Juniper Square, you will collaborate with the product and engineering teams to build, test and deliver new features, from defining database schemas, to implementing the business logic, to building the UI. Specifically, you will:
- Own the full development lifecycle from software design to launch on our Python web application
- Have your hands on the entire software stack from the frontend to back-end services to the database
- Perform code reviews
- Build monitoring and reporting tools and automate routine operational tasks
- Provide technical support to the customer success team and help address production issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of experience building web applications
- Expertise in Python (or other server-side web application development languages)
- Solid understanding of server-side MVC frameworks (like Django, Rails, Pyramid etc.)
- Experience with SQL database schema design and query optimization is a plus
- Experience operating Linux clusters (Amazon Web Services is a plus)
- You must be flexible and adaptable—you will be juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays
- Generous paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Freedom to customize your work and technology setup as you see fit
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly work from home wellness stipend while we're all remote
- Mental wellness coverage including live coaching and therapy sessions
Juniper Square at a glance
Juniper Square focuses on SaaS, Commercial Real Estate, and Real Estate Investors. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Juniper Square has raised $108M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019.
You can view their website at http://www.junipersquare.com/