Modern, all-in-one investment management software for commercial real estate
Manager, Mid-Market Sales
About Juniper Square
Our mission is to make the world’s private capital markets more efficient, transparent, and accessible. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets and as a result bringing access to millions who don’t currently benefit from one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology—all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization—we want to hear from you. We’ve tripled our team in each of the past three years while maintaining an excellent culture and staying true to our values. We are well-funded and building for the long-term, and are on track to triple our headcount again this year. We need YOU to help us achieve our mission.
About your role
Juniper Square’s sales team is growing very quickly, and we are looking for an exceptional leader to manage a team of top-performing salespeople focused on selling to our mid-sized customers. You will report directly to the Director of Sales and be a key member of the sales leadership team. You’ll be charged with fine-tuning the way we sell into the mid market, helping to establish and optimize a repeatable sales process, train and manage account executives. If you thrive in a startup environment, have experience leading sales teams with a track record of exceeding targets, and consider yourself to be curious and coachable, you may be a great fit for Juniper Square.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of 5-8 AEs based in San Francisco, Austin, and in the field
- Help recruit additional AEs to focus on mid market in 2021
- Help onboard and train new employees, ensuring fast time to first sale and focus on shortening the sales cycle
- Provide continual coaching, quality control, and feedback to your team to ensure that every member of your team is consistently exceeding their goals
- Be a student of our sales machine, obsessing over the details and data, and continuously coming up with and implementing ideas for how to improve and grow faster
- You’re analytical, optimistic, and collaborative self-starter who thrives in a dynamic startup environment
- 5+ years of experience in an IC sales role in SaaS
- 3+ years of direct management experience
- Exceptional listening skills; clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Influential presence and the ability to quickly build trust and cultivate new relationships
- Self-starter personality and comfort with ambiguity; ideal candidates will have experience working in rapidly changing environments and adapting and contributing to an evolving sales processes
- Track record of consistently setting and beating stretch sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to execute a sales process that shortens sales stage duration
- Analytical and inquisitive by nature
- Passionate about technology
- Ability to travel (to visit our customers and Account Executives in the field)
- Real estate relationships and familiarity with private equity investing concepts are both pluses
This is a full-time position located in San Francisco, Austin or remote.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays
- Generous paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly work from home wellness stipend while we're all remote
- Mental wellness coverage including live coaching and therapy sessions
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you’ve just read! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Juniper Square's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Juniper Square at a glance
Juniper Square focuses on SaaS, Commercial Real Estate, and Real Estate Investors. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Juniper Square has raised $108M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019.
You can view their website at http://www.junipersquare.com/