The Fastest Growing Skill Games Company. 25 million+ users. $600M+ GMV
Tech Lead - Backend
As our Tech Lead - Backend, you will be part of our growing engineering team and take ownership of our core modules. You must have good communication, technical, and analytical skills as you will be taking part in the collaborative and cooperative development process that delivers high-quality software. You must be an expert in Java and should be familiar with popular IDEs, tools, and scripting languages on Linux. Familiarity with NoSQL, preferably Mongo, is essential to succeed in the role.
- Participate in the requirements analysis, design, development, and testing of applications.
- Write high-level code without any assistance.
- Perform code review, unit testing, and deployment.
- Apply design principles with a focus on the user experience, usability, template designs, cross-browser issues, and client-server concepts.
- Contribute to the development of project estimates, scheduling, and deliverables.
- Work closely with the QA team to determine testing requirements to ensure full coverage and the best quality of the product.
- Mentor and guide junior team members and help them excel in their roles.
- 7+ years’ experience in software development with emphasis on JAVA/J2EE server-side programming.
- BE/B. Tech. in Computer Science or an MCA from a reputed university.
- Hands-on experience in Core Java, multithreading, RMI, socket programming, JDBC, NIO, web services, and design patterns.
- Good knowledge of distributed systems, distributed caching, messaging frameworks, ESB, etc.
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system and the PostgreSQL/MySQL/MongoDB/Cassandra database is essential.
- Additionally, knowledge of HBase, Hadoop, and Hive is desirable.
- Familiarity with message queue systems and AMQP and Kafka is desirable.
- Experience as a participant in Agile methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
About Junglee Games
Junglee Games is a leader in the skill-gaming space, with over 25 million users. Founded in San Francisco in 2012, and funded by top-tier Silicon Valley VCs, Junglee Games is the fastest-growing skill-gaming company in the world. Some of our notable games are Junglee Rummy, Eatme.io, Junglee Teen Patti, and Howzat.
With teams in 7 countries, Junglee is 350+ people strong and has close to doubled in revenues and headcount every year. With YOY growth of 80-100% and high proﬁtability, Junglee will see close to $600 million in gross transaction volumes in FY19-20 and scale to 50 million users.
Our team has worked on international AAA titles like Transformers, Real Steel, Mech Conquest, and Dueling Blades. Our designers have worked on some of Hollywood’s biggest hits, including the movie Avatar.
Junglee is not just a gaming business - it is a blend of data science, innovation, cutting-edge technology and, most importantly, a values-driven culture that is creating the next set of conscious leaders.
Our mission is to build entertainment for millions of people around the world and connect people through high-quality games with customer delight.
Junglee Games is an equal opportunity employer. The organization celebrates diversity and takes pride in its inclusive environment where all employees are treated equally.
Junglee Games at a glance
Junglee Games focuses on Games, Mobile Games, Skill Gaming, and Igaming. Their company has offices in San Francisco, India, Bengaluru, and Gurgaon. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Junglee Games has raised $3.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2014.