The Fastest Growing Skill Games Company. 25 million+ users. $600M+ GMV
As Technical Architect, you will lead the technical designs for building the most successful gaming platform for web and mobile, hosting games played by millions. You will be responsible to architect, implement, and validate solutions to extreme software engineering problems, faced by real-time applications with high concurrency. As a lead architect, you will be responsible for driving technology vision and build a culture of technical excellence.
- Analyze and improve security, reliability, performance, maintainability and scalability of various system components and resources, Identify, plan and implement relevant refactoring activities
- Resolve scaling issues before they happen and passionately automate all Engineering work. Ensure production environments stay live through high levels of concurrency.
- Drive improvements and new approaches to address potential systemic pain points and technical debt, anticipate and avoid problems.
- Drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, exemplifying good technical discernment.
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes, independently and with others, to establish design decisions and/or technical feasibility.
- Drive the evolution of the system architecture, and make appropriate technology choices.
- Plan, visualize and implement strategic technical initiatives to support established KPIs and future growth.
- Participate in pre-design work with the product team for new features to outline high-level solutions and align them with the overall architecture.
- Participate in design and code review with the team to ensure all solutions adhere to established guidelines
- Mentor junior engineers and drive a culture of technical perfection.
- Set and manage stakeholder expectations. Communicate and execute goals within timelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of experience in consumer-facing software products with high levels of concurrency in Gaming, real-time banking, or eCommerce. Experience of working in hyper-growth environments & scaling up operations
- Excellent experience of managing non-functional requirements such as security, reliability, performance, maintainability, and scalability
- Have a deep understanding of design patterns, memory/performance optimization, and how to summarise and share knowledge
- Strong analytical skills with previous experience working with complex data sets. Must have experience in data-driven design and architecture, to ensure valuable insights can be extracted efficiently.
- Loves to CODE! Design, code, and develop new features/fix bugs/add enhancements. Ability to always leave code better than the state in which it is found.
- Strong development experience in Java, NodeJS and familiarity with multiple other programming languages
- Familiarity with microservice architecture, containers and related technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS), Comfortable with Linux as an Application server.
- Expertise in any Database (e.g Oracle, MySql, SQL Server, No-SQL Databases). Experience in relational databases is highly desirable
- Experience with distributed cache like Redis, aerospike, hazelcast, memcached or similar technology.
- Experience with Kafka, RabbitMQ or similar tech stack.
- Background in high volume web applications, data mining, and multi-tiered transactional systems.
- Experience of implementing agile, kanban or similar software development methodology
- Expertise in web and mobile technologies based development.
- Experience in supporting live production, cloud-based infrastructure, and the ability to put out fires under pressure.
- Experience with animated/static UI using MVP pattern, Game Logic, 3rd party SDK integration, cross-platform game development tools like Unity is a plus.
About Junglee Games
Junglee Games is a leader in the skill-gaming space, with over 25 million users. Founded in San Francisco in 2012, and funded by top-tier Silicon Valley VCs, Junglee Games is the fastest-growing skill-gaming company in the world. Some of our notable games are Junglee Rummy, Eatme.io, Junglee Teen Patti, and Howzat.
With teams in 7 countries, Junglee is 350+ people strong and has close to doubled in revenues and headcount every year. With YOY growth of 80-100% and high proﬁtability, Junglee will see close to $600 million in gross transaction volumes in FY19-20 and scale to 50 million users.
Our team has worked on international AAA titles like Transformers, Real Steel, Mech Conquest, and Dueling Blades. Our designers have worked on some of Hollywood’s biggest hits, including the movie Avatar.
Junglee is not just a gaming business - it is a blend of data science, innovation, cutting-edge technology and, most importantly, a values-driven culture that is creating the next set of conscious leaders.
Our mission is to build entertainment for millions of people around the world and connect people through high-quality games with customer delight.
Junglee Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Junglee Games at a glance
Junglee Games focuses on Games, Mobile Games, Skill Gaming, and Igaming. Their company has offices in San Francisco, India, Bengaluru, and Gurgaon. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Junglee Games has raised $3.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2014.