The Fastest Growing Skill Games Company. 25 million+ users. $600M+ GMV
As our Lead SRE, you will build and manage our live operations center, provide support for live issues related to infrastructure and application. You will own incident management for all games and create and implement suitable processes and communication protocols. You will be responsible to innovate, implement and scale up our monitoring and incident resolution capabilities to keep up with our hyper-growth.
- Lead our live operation center and incident management process.
- Build and manage a team to immediately respond to live issues and proactively monitor infrastructure, application, and database performance.
- Ensure incidents are resolved within specified service level agreements.
- Investigate and diagnose incidents to restore a failed infra or business KPI as quickly as possible and coordinate with all teams and key stakeholders.
- Monitor processes using various tools and promptly identify problems, i.e. Grafana, Kibana, NAGIOS, Tableau dashboards.
- Own and manage various communication channels during incidents.
- Define and maintain the escalation matrix, SLAs, resolution guidelines, the checklist, and the knowledge base in consultation with various departments.
- Verify resolution with end users and internal stakeholders, and update communications.
- Build and execute an incident review process both within the team and with respective departments.
- Plan and execute audits for the efficacy of monitoring tools, alerts, communications, and identify gaps and take corrective action.
- Identify tools and plugins and implement them to improve overall monitoring and alerting the mechanism across games.
- Constantly optimize processes to minimize resolution time.
- Set and manage stakeholder expectations. Communicate and execute goals within timelines.
- Hire, train and mentor operations support engineers, and drive a culture of technical and procedural perfection.
- Overall 7+ years’ relevant experience in the live operations environment or network operations center.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience supporting 24/7 live operations.
- Experience working with AWS and other cloud environments, cloud-based distributed applications, and high availability systems.
- Knowledge and experience of the Linux operating system.
- Ability to troubleshoot and conduct preliminary investigations and diagnosis
- Experience working with application monitoring tools like NewRelic, DataDog, AppDynamics, Pingdom, Graphana, and NAGIOS.
- Proven track record of working in a dynamic environment, multitasking to reactively and dedicatedly address issues impacting services.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with teams across the organization.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, and the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions.
- Good knowledge of volume management, back-up, monitoring, and configuration management.
- Experience building, managing, mentoring and training teams.
About Junglee Games
Junglee Games is a leader in the skill-gaming space, with over 25 million users. Founded in San Francisco in 2012, and funded by top-tier Silicon Valley VCs, Junglee Games is the fastest-growing skill-gaming company in the world. Some of our notable games are Junglee Rummy, Eatme.io, Junglee Teen Patti, and Howzat.
With teams in 7 countries, Junglee is 350+ people strong and has close to doubled in revenues and headcount every year. With YOY growth of 80-100% and high proﬁtability, Junglee will see close to $600 million in gross transaction volumes in FY19-20 and scale to 50 million users.
Our team has worked on international AAA titles like Transformers, Real Steel, Mech Conquest, and Dueling Blades. Our designers have worked on some of Hollywood’s biggest hits, including the movie Avatar.
Junglee is not just a gaming business - it is a blend of data science, innovation, cutting-edge technology and, most importantly, a values-driven culture that is creating the next set of conscious leaders.
Our mission is to build entertainment for millions of people around the world and connect people through high-quality games with customer delight.
Junglee Games is an equal opportunity employer. The organization celebrates diversity and has an inclusive environment where all employees are treated equally.
Junglee Games at a glance
Junglee Games focuses on Games, Mobile Games, Skill Gaming, and Igaming. Their company has offices in San Francisco, India, Bengaluru, and Gurgaon. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Junglee Games has raised $3.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2014.