The Fastest Growing Skill Games Company. 25 million+ users. $600M+ GMV
VP Engineering$100k – $125k
As VP Engineering, you will lead technology architecture & development, will be a part of the core technology leadership team. Working with a team, you will build the most successful gaming platform for web and mobile, hosting games played by millions. You will be responsible to innovate, implement and scale up our engineering capabilities, to keep up with our hyper-growth. As the technology leader, you will champion the technology roadmap and vision.
- Lead and grow the Engineering team into an effective and respected division of Software Engineers, Architects, and Engineering Leaders.
- Institute best engineering practices to deliver successful innovative products.
- Architect, Implement, Validate solutions to extreme software engineering problems, faced by real-time applications. Resolve scaling issues before they happen and passionately automate all Engineering work.
- Lead the entire life cycle of multi-player game development. Ensure production environments stay live through high levels of concurrency.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system components and resources
- Drive improvements and new approaches to address potential systemic pain points and technical debt, anticipate and avoid problems.
- Drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, exemplifying good technical discernment.
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes, independently and with others, to establish design decisions and/or technical feasibility.
- Define the technical vision for Junglee Games, drive the evolution of the system architecture, and make appropriate technology choices.
- Collaborate well and grow cross-functional relationships to ensure alignment across teams
- Lead and expand the existing engineering team, identify new talent, manage, mentor & retain all members of the team.
- Work closely with the product team, and be involved in conceptualizing and building new products from scratch.
- Lead and Mentor junior engineers and drive a culture of technical perfection.
- Set and manage stakeholder expectations. Communicate and execute goals within timelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
- Overall 12+ years of relevant experience, out of which at least 8+ years of experience in consumer facing software products with high levels of concurrency in Gaming, real-time banking, or eCommerce.
- Experience of working in hyper-growth environments & scaling up operations
- Excellent experience of managing non-functional requirements such as security, reliability, performance, maintainability and scalability
- Experience in creating, improving & maintaining tech processes such as build and release process, continuous integration, coding guidelines, code review process etc.
- Have a deep understanding of design patterns, memory/performance optimisation, and how to summarise and share knowledge
- Strong analytical skills with previous experience working with complex data sets. Must have experience in data driven design and architecture, to ensure valuable insights can be extracted efficiently.
- Loves to CODE! Design, code, and develop new features/fix bugs/add enhancements. Ability to always leave code better than the state in which it is found.
- Strong development experience in Java, NodeJS and familiarity with multiple other programming languages
- Familiarity with microservice architecture, containers and related technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS), Comfortable with Linux as an Application server.
- Expertise in any Database (e.g Oracle, MySql, SQL Server, No-SQL Databases).
- Background in high volume web applications, data mining, and multi-tiered transactional systems.
- Proven leadership and managerial skills to manage engineering teams. Ability to lead, inspire and improve team members.
- Experience of implementing agile, kanban or similar software development methodology
- Expertise in web and mobile technologies based development. Experience with animated/static UI using MVP pattern, Game Logic, 3rd party SDK integration.
- Knowledge of cross-platform game development tools like Unity.
- Experience in supporting live production, cloud based infrastructure, and the ability to put out fires under pressure.
*About Junglee Games *
Junglee Games is a leader in the skill-gaming space, with over 25 million users. Founded in San Francisco in 2012, and funded by top-tier Silicon Valley VCs, Junglee Games is the fastest-growing skill-gaming company in the world. Some of our notable games are Junglee Rummy, Eatme.io, Junglee Teen Patti, and Howzat.
With teams in 7 countries, Junglee is 250 people strong and has close to doubled in revenues and headcount every year. With YOY growth of 80-100% and high proﬁtability, Junglee will see close to $600 million in gross transaction volumes in FY19-20 and scale to 50 million users.
Our team has worked on international AAA titles like Transformers, Real Steel, Mech Conquest, and Dueling Blades. Our designers have worked on some of Hollywood’s biggest hits, including the movie Avatar.
Junglee is not just a gaming business - it is a blend of data science, innovation, cutting-edge technology and, most importantly, a values-driven culture that is creating the next set of conscious leaders.
Our mission is to build entertainment for millions of people around the world and connect people through high-quality games with customer delight.
Junglee Games is an equal opportunity employer. The organization celebrates diversity and has an inclusive environment where all employees are treated equally.
Junglee Games at a glance
Junglee Games focuses on Games, Mobile Games, Skill Gaming, and Igaming. Their company has offices in San Francisco, India, Bengaluru, and Gurgaon. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Junglee Games has raised $3.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2014.