Bounce Back after an Earthquake
Sales and Marketing Representative$50k – $120k • 0.5% – 2.0%
Jumpstart Recovery is a first of its kind earthquake insurance company. We pay a lump sum of cash immediately after an earthquake with no claims and no deductibles. Our goal is to ease the financial burden on the most affected people, giving them the confidence and support to rebound from a major disaster.
We have raised over $3M from angels and institutional investors over the past 4 years and hope to enter our Series A round in Q4 2020. Jumpstart is the perfect opportunity for a high energy, thoughtful, and enthusiastic team member looking to grow a team and manage their own deliverables. In 2020, we are focusing on our product market fit and need a motivated and talented Sales Development Representative to join our growing team.
If we hit 2020 sales goals, we will likely progress to our Series A raise.
Your primary responsibility is to help generate qualified leads and work them through the sales funnel by partnering with marketing, following up on inbound leads and cold outreach. This position requires a mix of outbound phone calling, qualification, consultative selling and tight collaboration with the Executive team to generate new opportunities and meet our unit economic goals before scaling.
The ideal candidate currently/previously has worked for an insurtech or fintech start up, has a strong sales foundation, and eagerness to learn. You are a rebel, a go-getter and always looking to drive change. If you have a corporate background, and you like the idea of joining a startup, but the opportunity has never presented itself. THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY. We want a collaborative and energetic individual that can contribute to the sales and marketing teams, work in a dynamic environment, deliver messaging and product feedback back into the marketing and product organization and work proactively to drive overall sales performance.
- Develop sales opportunities, including prospecting and marketing
- Create an ambitious prospecting plan and deliver on its target results
- Consistently achieve target numbers of qualified opportunities
- Interact with prospects via telephone and email with a high attention to detail
- Track all relevant qualification and lead management activity
- Conduct all needed research to generate interest and drive opportunities
- Proven excellence in sales development, outside sales and/or sales
- Strong understanding lead development best practices and procedures
- Proven ability to perform successfully given limited oversight and limited process
- 100% reliable and detail-oriented. A drive to execute flawlessly
- Positive can-do attitude and tireless work ethic. Driven and self-sufficient
- Must live and breathe startups with broad responsibilities, crazy busy, dynamic environment, lots of responsibility and lots of fun
- Ideal but not required: Experience selling insurance, financial products, or real estate. A certified California Department of Insurance license or Resident Insurance Producer - qualified in Casualty, Property, and Surplus Lines
Jumpstart Insurance at a glance
Jumpstart Insurance focuses on Insurance, Consumer, Fin Tech, and Insurtech. Their company has offices in California and Oakland. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Jumpstart Insurance has raised $700K of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2016.