JOOR is smooth, smart wholesale technology for brands and retailers
Senior DevOps Engineer$95k – $100k
Who We Are:
JOOR is disrupting the fashion industry and that’s not just marketing speak. So many of the people who come to JOOR are looking to work for a tech company with a unique and interesting challenge. Well, JOOR offers this and more. Backed by Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series C start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platform that transforms the way these businesses work.
With a CEO recently named a “Women to Watch in 2020” by Luxury Daily, and a CTO from Google, JOOR is attracting top talent to drive market dominance. We have 140 employees in 9 global offices, including NYC, Philadelphia, LA, Milan, London, Madrid, Melbourne and Tokyo. And, we are continuing to grow in a smart, sound way.
Founded in 2010, JOOR now services 8,600 brands across 53 categories, 200,000 retailers in 144 countries, and manages an incredible $1B in global merchandise volume (GMV) each and every month. Clients include major retailers, like Neiman Marcus and Harrods; e-commerce players like ShopBop; and key influencers like Forty Five Ten and Dover Street Market. Leading men’s and women’s brands include everyone from Tory Burch, Isabel Marant, Stella McCartney, Berluti, The Row and thousands more.
We are one of the few tech companies with a female CEO and 1/3 of our engineering team is made up of women — well above the industry norm. Walking our floors, you’ll find people of every shape, color, ethnicity and creed. If you are looking to join a team of innovators and trail blazers who value diversity of thought and experience, then JOOR is a great choice for you.
We’re growing our engineering team and seeking members who want to set the tone for what technology in the wholesale industry looks like. You’ll tackle complex problems and build the systems that support emerging, independent businesses all the way up to global brands and retailers. Our clients rely on our products to grow their business and we are committed to building a fast and scalable product that they love, all while using best practices and the latest technologies. We have a positive and collaborative culture, and our engineers are given a greenfield of opportunity to advance their skills and see their solutions make an immediate impact for some of the world’s best known brands and retailers. Read the JOOR Engineering Blog to learn more.
- We are building software that is transforming an industry
- Our industry-leading technology won an American Business (Stevie) Award
- We are global and rapidly growing
- We are one of the most diverse and inclusive tech companies
What You’ll Do:
- Work with a small DevOps team to build, maintain, and modernize the JOOR platform and infrastructure from development to production.
- Work closely with developers and systems architects to understand their use cases and build the platform and tools they need.
- Maintain high uptime requirements and high availability.
- Work multi-cloud, combining technologies on both AWS and GCP.
- Follow industry best practices and help define future patterns for DevOps at JOOR.
What We’re Looking For:
We're looking for an experienced, passionate independent Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team on a fully remote basis.
- Someone who’s willing to work completely remote on East Coast Hours (EST)
- 3+ years experience as a DevOps engineer
- 3+ years experience working with Kubernetes and AWS
- Someone who is passionate about designing, building, and maintaining complex, highly-available systems to scale
- Someone that believes firmly that all configuration and infrastructure should live in code
- Someone who loves to learn on the job
Experience in our stack is a strong plus! We use:
- Docker and Kubernetes from development to production
- Jenkins used for CI/CD
- Postgres database
- Helm, Terraform, and Ansible
- Applications leverage Django, GraphQL, Node, React, gRPC
- Streaming infrastructure using Apache Kafka
- Multi-cloud services across AWS and Google Cloud
What We Offer:
- Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris and Philadelphia.
- Access to Market Weeks to see the product in action
- Need a break? Flexible “My Time” policy - We want you at your best!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Commuter and 401k plans
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company offsites, meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company’s performance in relation to revenue and growth
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Medical, Dental, & Vision
Need a break? Generous “My Time” policy - We want you at your best!
Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company’s performance in relation to revenue and growth.
Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company off-sites, Meetups and speaker series
Access to market weeks
Access to Market Weeks to see the product in action
Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia and Tokyo
JOOR at a glance
JOOR focuses on Internet, E-Commerce, Retail, B2B, and Fashion. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, New York, Philadelphia, and London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, JOOR has raised $36.15M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.