An integrated platform to power the best mental health care
Head of Engineering / Software Architect$85k – $105k • 0.5% – 1.0%
reflect (www.joinreflect.com) is a mission-driven, early-stage startup changing the way people think about mental health.
We believe everyone can benefit from talking to someone. Finding the right therapist shouldn’t be so hard. We’ve made it easier thanks to a unique algorithm-based matching process that allows you to try several matches for free. 90% of those who use reflect find someone they like.
Since our launch in 2016, we’ve quickly grown to be the largest platform of self-pay therapists in the SF Bay Area and recently launched in Los Angeles.
With a waitlist in 10+ markets, we’re driven to continue helping others live happier and more resilient lives — and we’re looking for the right person to join us on this journey to change the world.
Let’s connect if you’re passionate about achieving this lofty goal and working together to make a difference in the lives of millions.
reflect completed the 500 Startups Seed Accelerator Program in June 2018. #500STRONG
This role is ideal for a passionate Software Architect who gets excited about using technology to make real, meaningful change in people's lives. As a key part of the leadership team, you will not only change how people find a therapist, but you will be working cross-functionally and building products that will transform the therapy experience altogether using data. This person will help shape our technology decisions and be responsible for eventually hiring and leading an engineering team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive overall technical vision and architecture at reflect
- Collaborate closely with the founder and the head of product to solve complex problems in the mental health field in innovative and scalable ways
- Be responsible for planning, developing, and delivering high-impact, high-quality, well-tested software
- Solve problems across all areas of the business and not be siloed into a narrow area of focus -- includes building new products and features directly from wireframes
- Contribute to strategic technology decisions, exploring new technologies that will be leveraged internally
- Be comfortable with and willing to work on both client side and server side to develop new products and support growth - we are looking for problem solvers with strong analytical skills
- Enjoy managing team of engineers when we scale (team starting with 1-2 engineers for now)
- Be self-motivated and able to proactively create structure within a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Bring passion to write clean, high-quality, reusable, fault-tolerant code (willing to architect applications AND write code)
- Have a penchant for writing clear documentation
- Have strong attention to detail
- B.S / M.S in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- 7+ years real industry experience building scalable and robust software
- Previous experience in Ruby on Rails (required!), Python, and similar server-side frameworks
- Experience in SQL database (we use PostgreSQL)
- Mobile experience in React Native
- Solid fundamentals in computer science and object-oriented programming
- Experience in test-driven development
- Proficient in version control tools (Git)
- Strong English fluency
- Motivated by impact and purpose and have strong interest in mental health, digital health, and/or startups
- Enjoy proactively creating structure within a fast-paced, fluid environment
Nice to have/bonus points
- Tech startup experience
- Experience building web apps from scratch
- Experience with customer funnels and customer behaviour analytics tools (eg. Mixpanel, A/B testing, etc...)
- Experience working in a healthcare or wellness related industry
- Knowledge and experience in mobile development, CI, and/or AWS
This role offers ample opportunity to grow and learn from others. We are also open to remote team members if there’s a strong fit. No agencies or design/development shops.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in learning more. Thanks!