A Neural Search Company
(Senior) Open-source Evangelist$43k – $60k • 0.0% – 0.5%
👐 About Us
Jina AI is a neural search company.
Our mission is to provide an open-source neural search ecosystem for businesses and developers, allowing everyone to search for information in all kinds of data with high availability and scalability. Found in 2020 Feb., Jina AI has been recognized as one of the most promising startups in AI open-source software.
Please submit your application via our career page:
✨Who we want?
- Be passionate about open source, AI and search;
- Work with strong craftsmanship and ownership;
- Be efficient and responsible on problem solving;
- Play along with colleagues and open source community;
- Speak and write good English.
💼 About This Position
As an Opensource Evangelist, your primary responsibilities are:
- Connect with Jina community members to encourage activity - project contributions, user stories, support questions & answers, meetups, etc.
- Create blog posts, app samples and other content to help inspire, educate, and grow the Jina community
- Speak to developers all around the world (in person or virtual) who are interested in using Jina.
- Recognize trends in feedback from the community and relay that information back to engineering.
- Work closely with the marketing team to identify and create events that are relevant for AI open source software communities.
- Put together technical presentations that keep attendees engaged and interested.
Bachelor Degree or above
3y+ experience as a developer advocate/evangelist, developer (mobile/web/other), product manager with a developer background or sales engineer.
A great presence on Github, personal page, Twitter, slideshare/Speaker Deck etc.
Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
Technical proficiency in:
AI, NLP, CV savvy (able to talk about machine data processing in SQL and integration)
A clear desire to learn. You are outgoing, a really good listener.
😊 Benefits & Perks
💵 Competitive salary
📈 Equity in one of the fastest growing AI open-source startup in the world
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse & happy team
🦄 Extensive development opportunities and an international team of experts
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, flexible working time, home office options
💡 General Interview Hints
We are fully committed to open-source. Check out https://opensource.jina.ai where you can view all our code, commits, issues, PRs publicly. Hence, when we conduct the interview, we do expect you to have a certain understanding about our products, tech stack and vision.
For the Engineering Role: a Good Pull Request = a Good Cover Letter
Every tech interview involves some kind of code screening. We do it differently at Jina AI. Since we are completely open-source, it is a good way to evaluate your engineering skills based on your first Pull Request to Jina.
If you apply for one of our engineering roles, you can pick one project (Jina, Dashboard, Examples) and work on one bug or new feature. Submit your work via pull request and pass the CICD. Then we will review it.
Note that not only the code, but also the coding style, documentations, commit style, affect our evaluation.
Product and Evangelist Role: Tell us about your understanding
We would like to hear from you about the feedback when using our products. Like really using it, not just looking at our screenshot or documentations. Following the PyPI install instruction or using Docker, either way you need to run the system by yourself. This is the basic requirement for our product related roles.
After playing with our products. We’d like to hear your feedback. What’s your view? What are the good and bad features? How can things be improved? What minimum resources (time & HR) do you need to get this done?
The more you can tell us, the more understanding we have about your skill set.