Principal Data Engineer
At Jampp, we solve the most complex and large-scale technological challenges on mobile advertising today. We process over 1,000,000 ad requests per second, which amounts to over 150TB of data per day, across three global data centers. We rely on real-time machine learning models (with billions of features) that give us predictions in less than 100ms.
If you have a strong background in Data Infrastructure and you are excited about redefining what it means to do Data Engineering, this might be the opportunity for you to have a meaningful and lasting impact on our data practices!
As a Principal Data Engineer you will be designing, building and constantly improving our scalable data infrastructure. You will develop tools and define standards to help the data team achieve efficiency while providing mentoring where necessary.
This is an on-site position in Buenos Aires, Argentina or Córdoba, Argentina. However, in light of the COVID19 outbreak, all jamppers are working remotely and we will be conducting all interviews virtually for the foreseeable future. We will continue hiring as usual.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Contribute to the development of Jampp's data infrastructure by designing and building scalable distributed data processing systems.
- Design and implement ETL processes from a wide variety of sources.
- Work closely with Data Scientists to design and maintain scalable data models and their associated data pipelines to leverage machine learning
- Be responsible for guaranteeing data consistency and reliability among all Jampp's systems and machile learning inputs
- Benchmark systems, analyze system bottlenecks and track data quality and consistency proposing solutions to improve them
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Build and evolve the tools that empower colleagues across the company to access data and build reliable and scalable transformations
- Responsible for designing and implementing cost and operational efficient data infra
- Play a pivotal role in the process of moving towards microservices and event-driven architecture
- Be on top of new technologies and industry trends
- Be a tech reference and Mentor & share technical expertise with data engineers, data scientists and other technology colleagues
- Contribute defining short, medium and long term data infra roadmap to support Jampp''s aggressive growth
We track over 50 billion in-app events per month
Our Hadoop clusters can query over 600 TB of raw and processed data in S3
Our Hadoop clusters process 3000+ ad hoc queries per day and 600+ ETL executions
- 5+ years of programming experience in Python, Go or Java/Scala.
- 3+ years experience designing and developing distributed systems for large-scale data processing.
- Experience using the AWS Big Data stack (Kinesis, EMR, Redshift, Lambda, etc).
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, and Presto.
Rock-solid knowledge of databases and SQL.
Experience with Docker.
Feel very comfortable sharing knowledge and coaching more junior team members.
Bonus: English skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- 📱Learn a ton about the hottest area of growth in Internet advertising - Mobile!
- 💰Competitive salary
- 🤓 Continuous training with a supportive team. We win together.
- 📈 A great level of responsibility from day one and the chance to develop your potential without limitations.
- 💻 Work from Home & Remote Work policies
- 💪🏼 An entrepreneurial environment.
- A guaranteed Global Environment! We have jamppers from 🇧🇷🇬🇧🇺🇸🇮🇪🇫🇷🇩🇪🇦🇷🇷🇺... our customers are not the only ones from around the globe 😉
- 😎 Cool swag and team activities. Did we mention an annual off-site?
WHO WE ARE
Jampp is the programmatic platform of choice for the fastest growing on-demand companies worldwide.
In 2013, we noticed the chaos surrounding mobile performance advertising and wanted to change it, somehow. We built a suite of growth products that unlock programmatic advertising for some of the biggest names in mobile (like Uber, Rappi, iFood, & Postmates to name a few).
We’re a team of builders - engineers, data architects, designers, and entrepreneurs - who love what we do.
We serve a global customer base from our offices in San Francisco, Berlin, São Paulo, Singapore, and Buenos Aires.
Jampp at a glance
Jampp focuses on Mobile Commerce, Mobile Advertising, App Marketing, and Programmatic Buying. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Singapore, Berlin, São Paulo, and Buenos Aires. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Jampp has raised $7M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2015.