The Leading Solution for Requirements, Risk and Test Management
Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
We're hiring a Technical Support Engineer that will ensure that Jama Software’s customers have a great experience with our product. This position engages with existing and prospective customers in both our cloud and self-hosted implementations. Our customers use our application to build really cool, world-changing products, and it’s our job to keep them running. You use logic, problem solving and data to quickly get to the root of the problem and enjoy providing solutions to customers. You’d be joining a support team that has folks from varied backgrounds, job experiences and educations. If this role excites you, please apply even if you do not meet all the qualifications.
In this role, you will:
- Provide functional support for JamaConnect to customers, partners and employees through help desk software (e. Zendesk), chat, and screenshares.
- Troubleshoot self-hostedinstallations and upgrades when they go awry.
- Work closely with customers to identify, reproduce and log defects.
- Contribute to both internal and customer-facing documentation.
- Attend training sessions to keep up-to-dateon Jama’s evolving features and supported environment changes.
1+ years of experience in front-line in a technical support role with experience handling high volume and urgent issues (e.g. Call Center, Help Desk, Product Support)
- Classes towards a degree in CS, code school certificate or equivalent professional experience (e.g. freelance web development)
- Familiarity with REST APIs
- Technical background in at least one of the following and familiarity with the others:
- Troubleshooting software installations on Linux systems
- Ability to setup, navigate, troubleshoot and write basic SQL database queries
- Familiarity with network troubleshooting, working with SSL and proxy servers
- Experience with containerized applications using the Docker technology
- Configuring Single-Sign On solutions (LDAP, AD, SAML)
- Excellent communicator: You love working with people and take pride in delivering a great customer experience.
- Collaborative personality: Can work with a team (and across teams) to solve complex problems; can provide and accept feedback in stride
- Creativity: Will search for options when the answer is not obvious
- Curiosity: You’re hungry for knowledge and always game to learn a new technical skill
- Loves delighting people —especially customers who are having an off day
Benefits and Perks
If we’ve intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- Challenging and fun work with a chance to make distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and ambitious Product leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs designed to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
*Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of his/her relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law. *
Jama Software at a glance
Jama Software focuses on Enterprise Software, Collaboration, Development Platforms, Enterprises, and Software. Their company has offices in Portland and Haarlem. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Jama Software has raised $233M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.