The Leading Solution for Requirements, Risk and Test Management
Director of IT (Remote)
Director of IT
Jama Software brings innovative analytics, solutions and insights to companies creating complex products and mission-critical software systems. With expanded product and service capabilities, the Jama Product Development Platform empowers large enterprises to accelerate development time, mitigate risk, slash complexity and verify regulatory compliance.
We are looking for an innovative global IT leader for Jama who is a strong technologist, process improver, and exceptional communicator. The right candidate will have a strategic perspective with a passion for rolling up their sleeves to tackle tangible operational problems. They will deeply understand how our enterprise systems and tools are pivotal to Jama achieving its growth goals. They will know and advocate for the perspective that technology doesn’t solve problems, people solve them leveraging technology.
We are seeking someone who is uniquely passionate about finding a role that allows them to put their experience to work, scaling systems that are keeping pace or leading the way for rapid business growth. In addition, the right candidate will be looking for an opportunity to shape Jama’s internal digital transformation, with a relentless focus on seeking creative solutions to business problems that strip out friction, waste, manual work and that foster innovation, collaboration, and communication across the enterprise.
In this role, you will:
- Enable and drive operational efficiency, effectiveness and business productivity by developing, delivering and sustaining a forward-thinking roadmap of well-designed and well-supported enterprise technology that ensures business success.
- Provide exceptional business partnership and employee service with a customer and user-oriented approach with clear requirements that define success and solutions.
- Significantly and positively shape the employee and customer experience, and overall business output with the provision of modern tools and technology, ongoing on-boarding and education, communication, and effective change management that enables effective use of those tools and technologies.
- Plan for and ensure business continuity, compliance and critical security requirements are met across the enterprise leveraging and leading cross-functional strategy and plan development and the necessary audit and correction activity. Manage the IT risks of a SaaS business.
- Supplier Management – Manage vendor relationships and staff augmentation and/or outsourcing suppliers as needed to deliver projects and operations.
- 6+ years of experience in Informational Technology roles
- 3+ years building, developing and managing technology teams
- Experience developing and managing IT budgets
- Experience in developing enterprise capability roadmaps and evolving technology roadmaps that have supported business growth
- Experience engaging and managing I/T suppliers
- Business Operations: Operationally minded and experienced in developing IT strategies that improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Know how to apply best practice IT methodologies for technology development and service management to your work and the work of the team.
- Critical thinker: uniquely able to gather and synthesize disparate information, analyze courses of actions, and define distinct choices and priorities for the business.
- People and Team Management: proficient people manager with experience in hiring strong talent, developing people, developing teams, and improving team performance over time.
Benefits and Other:
If we’ve intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- Challenging and fun work with a chance to make distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and ambitious Product leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs designed to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
*Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of his/her relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law. *
Jama Software at a glance
Jama Software focuses on Enterprise Software, Collaboration, Development Platforms, Enterprises, and Software. Their company has offices in Portland and Haarlem. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Jama Software has raised $233M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.