Instant Working Capital
Join one of Europe’s leading Fintech startups
At iwoca we believe finance should make life easier, not harder, for small businesses. When small businesses go to traditional lenders they are forced to deal with long waits, absurdly rigid criteria, and impersonal bureaucracies. We believe small businesses deserve a financing service that strips out the hassle; that gets to know each customer’s needs; that generates opportunities instead of problems. iwoca is finance, custom-built to expand possibilities for small business.Since 2012, we've made finance available to over 50,000 businesses across Europe and lent over £1 billion. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors.
Your mission will be:
As our DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for improving our continuous development and intergration pipelines. We use various tools and services including Gitlab CI, ELK & DataDog, managing our cloud environment on AWS and running our web servers using Docker and ECS.
You will also be expected to work closely with the tech leads to help continuously push innovation in all areas of the business. We work in an agile manner which means features or projects go live in days or weeks rather than months or years so you will need to be comfortable with environments that embrace concepts like continuous integration and continuous delivery.
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Production experience of building automated testing and deployment solutions.
- Production experience managing cloud based infrastructure. Preferably on AWS.
- Experience working with Docker is preferable.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools and experience in implementing monitoring solutions.
- Identifying and addressing performance issues with web applications.
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- Bright, modern office spaces in Tottenham Court Road and Covent Garden
Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code
iwoca at a glance
iwoca focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Credit, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in London. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, iwoca has raised $46.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2016.