A positive leadership community for entrepreneurs, creatives, and innovative professionals
Strategic Partnerships InternNo salary
IVY is a private membership community that unites established and rising leaders and introduces them to the most transformative people, ideas, and experiences in the world. We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Inspired by our Founder’s experiences at Harvard Business School, IVY’s goal is to transform every global city into an immersive lifelong “campus” by creating a global community that accelerates one's social, professional, and intellectual development throughout their lifetime and that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world.
Our members form a collaborative community of inspiring entrepreneurs, creatives, innovators, and leading professionals. IVY currently has ~15k members and ~500k registrants across seven IVY Chapters ( NYC, LA, SF, DC, Boston, Chicago, Miami) with plans to launch our first international chapter, in London, by the end of 2019. They range in age from 25-45 years old and work for the city's top financial agencies, cultural programs, tech companies, non-profit organizations, and more. Through IVY, they enjoy access to new and unique experiences, brands, friendships, and ideas through collaborations with world-class thought leaders, influencers, and institutions. Each year, IVY hosts hundreds of members-only events across the globe to bring our curriculum to life, including private art gallery receptions, themed soirees, TV live chats, masterclasses, cultural excursions, leadership circle dinners, exclusive partner experiences, social impact activities, getaways & trips.
Job Description :
Our network is growing rapidly and we are looking for a highly entrepreneurial and motivated Business Development Intern who can help us execute our strategic partnership alignments. Interns should be able to commit to 2x month In-person working days and 10 hours per week working on projects remotely independently. Interns would have the opportunity to attend IVY events and network with some of the top professionals.
- Assist in the development of Media Kits & other BD materials
- Conduct industry research
- Copy-writing for outreach and partner campaigns
- Organize and manage logistics for all upcoming campaigns & partnerships
- Track internal metrics & success of partner programs
- Take on ad-hoc projects on an as-needed basis
The ideal candidate should also have demonstrated and well-developed skills in the following areas:
- A passion for community and a strong desire to grow within the industry
- Previous events, marketing, sales, PR, or partnerships experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Time management
- Highly detail-oriented
- Excellent judgment
- High level of confidentiality
- Effective verbal/written communication
- Current student or graduate of a 4-year undergraduate program
- Superb written and strong oral communication skills
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Excel, Google Docs, etc.
- Terrific work ethic accompanied by an ever-positive, get-it-done attitude
- Exceptional people skills
- Understanding of fast-paced and ever-changing startup environment
- Strong collaborator
- Highly organized
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Commit a minimum of 15 hours a week
- Must be comfortable with high levels of autonomy, remote work, and have superb time management skills
- You will use your personal computer for this internship
Why You’ll Want to Work with IVY:
This internship is unpaid , however, students may receive course credit. Interns should be able to commit 10-15 hours per week, there is ample opportunity for flexible hours and remote work. Interns would have the opportunity to attend IVY events (https://www.ivy.com/events), network with some of the top professionals, and participate in weekly team lunches and events.
We are dedicated to getting people to dream bigger and do more together, and we believe that starts right here with our own team. We are committed to hiring individuals with a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and beliefs who can use their passion to help us build a world-changing community — and thrive along the way. Join IVY for the chance to collaborate with an engaged team working provide learning and growth opportunities for all.
IVY is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.