Manage all spend and suppliers without compromise
Revenue Accountant - Redwood City, CA
A “Magic Quadrant” leader, Ivalua’s solutions work in a complex global economy. Our innovative Procure-to-Pay solutions include automating customized workflows to request, procure, receive, and pay for goods and services across the enterprise, refining the procurement lifecycle while reducing cost and risk of spending on indirect goods, direct goods and services, and improving supplier collaboration.
Our team works hard, plays hard, is passionate, creative, focused, and collaborative.
Reporting into Director of Accounting, Ivalua is looking for a talented, highly motivated individual to join its team as a senior accountant specifically focused on revenue processes, and its accounting and reporting. We are looking for a creative and confident self-starter who is a team player, but also comfortable working autonomously. The candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) to establish credibility and facilitate an effective working relationship with a wide range of Company representatives including non-finance team members. Other critical skills include sound business judgment, calibrating advice and strategy based on the company’s risk tolerance, strong organization and prioritization/time management skills, attention to detail, strong operational experience on revenue processes, goal and team orientation, and the ability to develop relationships with a variety of people at different levels and functions throughout the Company. If you are looking for a role that will give you exposure to senior level executives within the Company this position is for you.
- Experience on ASC 606 revenue recognition under US GAAP and working in multi-national companies.
- Experience in operationalizing the technical application of the revenue recognition accounting guidance. Proficient in Net Suite ERP system especially on its ARM module.
- Advising sales teams, sales operations, legal department on deal structure and accounting consequences and outcomes.
- Experience in CRM tool to input and ensure contract details are correctly entered per company polices.
- Review customer contracts and purchase orders to ensure proper bookings and revenue recognition in accordance with accounting guidance and company policies.
- Evaluating and documenting the accounting treatment for non-standard revenue transactions
- Owning the revenue recognition processes for US and France from operational and internal control purposes
- Ensuring timely documentation of key revenue recognition issues
- Serving as liaison with external auditors on accounting and reporting matters related to revenue recognition
- Working in a cross-functional manner with Controllership, FP&A, Sales and Sales Operations, Legal and Shared Services to ensure the integrity of financial information, resolve accounting issues and provide financial/accounting advice
- Own the GAAP & Non-GAAP (ARR/New Bookings) reporting of revenue amounts reported internally & externally in NetSuite and Internal CRM tool.
- Prepare disclosures for external reporting as needed.
- 5 -10 years of experience on revenue recognition field (industry experience a must).
- Last job to be in industry (specifically in technology software/SAAS companies in the bay area)
- Previous background in public accounting client service (Big 4 preferred)
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and exposure to complex revenue recognition transactions
- Good judgment, problem identification and problem-solving ability
- International experience and working with off-shore teams a plus
- Knowledge of Net Suite ARM Module is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated technical background and experience researching and applying technical accounting guidance
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, including the ability to work with systems and large sets of data
- Excellent communication, management and analytical skills combined with sound business judgment
- Ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance personnel
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or related field
- CPA license preferred
- 805 Veterans Bld, Suite 203, Redwood City, 94063 (walking distance from/to CalTrain)
Watch the Ivalua Video: https://vimeo.com/363634218
Join Ivalua today and procure a great future for your career!
Ivalua invests in the future of our employees with 4% 401(k) plan match
High-energy atmosphere with an innovative and stimulating work environment with exceptional growth and career opportunities
Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth
Work with a very global and diverse team of exceptionally passionate, talented, and engaging colleagues who are established leaders in their industry
Ivalua at a glance
Ivalua focuses on Financial Services, Software, and Procurement. Their company has offices in New York, Singapore, London, Paris, and Sydney. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Ivalua has raised $4.4M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2011.
You can view their website at http://www.ivalua.com