YC-Backed, Robust Collision Avoidance Systems for Industrial Drones
Computer Vision Engineer
Iris Automation Inc is building an AI-based collision avoidance system that helps drones see the world how pilots do. By enabling Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) to fly Beyond-Visual-Line-of-Sight (BVLOS), Iris is the critical missing piece that takes commercial drone operations from theoretical to functional. The company is based in San Francisco and is led by a team with experience at NASA, Boeing, and Nvidia, including PhDs in computer vision. Iris is a key partner on multiple FAA UAS Integration Pilot Programs, a participant of NASA's Unmanned Traffic Management program and a participant of Transport Canada's BVLOS Technology Demonstration Program.
As a Computer Vision Engineer you will be at the center of our core mission, building state of the art technologies. You will be researching new and innovative computer vision and deep learning solutions to perception problems in autonomous drones.
What You’ll Do:
- Craft, implement and test computer vision algorithms for tasks such as object tracking, multi-view geometry estimation, image enhancement, SLAM
- Generate innovative ideas and build them into systems delivered to customers
- Investigate, prioritize, and implement methods for evaluating different parts of our core computer vision system
Qualifications and Skills:
- Masters degree in a related field (CS, Physics, Computer Vision) or equivalent experience
- Ability to quickly iterate real-world solutions based on theoretical understanding
- At least one year of experience working with C++ and OpenCV
- Experience building testing and evaluation platforms
- Familiarity with Deep Learning applied to computer vision problems
- At least one year of professional hands-on experience working on Computer Vision problems in at least two of the following subjects:
- Image Enhancement
- Image Filtering
- Object Tracking
- 3D Estimation
- 3D Reconstruction
- Familiarity with Python, C++, CUDA, or the Nvidia TensorRT library.
- Experience with drones, cameras, or mobile robotics.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Short-Term Disability
- Flexible PTO and 10 U.S. holidays
- Paid parental leave to spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family
- Commuter benefits with company contribution
- Wellness stipend
- Professional Development
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Iris Automation at a glance
Iris Automation focuses on Computer Vision, Drones, Uas, and Aerial Robotics . Their company has offices in San Francisco and Reno. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Iris Automation has raised $10M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.