Primary care that values humanity and is focused on the patient
Reporting to the Clinical Team Manager, Operations Assistant serves as a key member of the Iora Health team and plays a critical role in the flow of the practice. Duties specific to this position include greeting and welcoming patients, answering phones, managing the flow of medical records and other important, confidential documentation. Given the high-tech nature of the practice, this position will also be the go-to for technological questions and troubleshooting. The Operations Assistant provides support to the team doing whatever is needed to contribute to the success of the team and ensuring that patients are treated in a courteous, respectful manner.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Welcoming patients to the practice, communicating their arrival to the team, and managing patient visit expectations
- Receiving incoming calls/messages and appropriately addressing or triaging phone requests including requests for appointments, form completion, and medication refills
- Initiating outbound administrative requests, by phone and in writing, such as medical record requests and specialty appointment booking
- Sorting and triaging of incoming mail and faxes, including scanning and appropriate e-filing
- Supporting the Patient Enrollment team by asking patients if they want to refer friends and family to Iora
- Providing information and office tours for patients interested in joining the practice
- Assisting the Clinical Team Manager with the management of office and medical supplies, as needed
- Experience in a service business required
- Tech savviness and familiarity with Apple a plus but not required
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills both in-person and by phone
- Must have the ability to work well both as a member of a team and independently
- Must have exceptional organizational, problem-solving and time management skills and must be able to appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Must be open-minded, non-judgmental and compassionate
- Must be flexible and comfortable with ambiguity, eager to work in a dynamic environment and willing to learn new skills
About Iora Health
Iora Health is transforming health care, starting with primary care. We created a high-impact relationship based care model, that particularly benefits adults on Medicare and those who might need more attention. Our care model changes everything - the team, outcome-focused payment, customer service, and the technology that supports our care.
We know that when you invest in relationships with people, you can help them live happier and healthier. Our patients get a team that respects and listens to them. We get paid to keep our patients healthier, and it works - we are successfully improving the lives of our patients while lowering costs.
Iora Health at a glance
Iora Health focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, Health Care Information Technology, and Health Care Services. Their company has offices in Boston and Lowell. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Iora Health has raised $349.25M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.