Specializing in genetic diagnostics for hereditary disorders
Scientific Program Manager
Scientific Program Manager
Location: Remote, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles/Irvine, San Diego, Boston, Seattle, New York
Invitae is a rapidly growing, technology-driven company. Our mission is to empower doctors and patients to use genetic information to make informed medical decisions at all life stages. Scientific Program Managers play a key role in driving expansion of our genomic platform capabilities. We work with teams across the company to plan, build and optimize lab, bioinformatic and software solutions that work seamlessly to deliver genomic insight to patients at scale.
Here are some examples of what our Scientific Program Managers do:
- We are working to build a genomics platform covering all clinical genomics areas. To realize this vision we are constantly expanding our platform capabilities.
- Scientific Program Managers lead significant development efforts that span multiple teams. They define core requirements, product features, implementation timelines, resource allocation and manage inter-team coordination
- To deliver core platform capabilities Scientific Program Managers work in close collaboration with software engineers, bioinformaticians, clinical scientists, commercial stakeholders and company leadership to ensure our platform meets the needs of our current and future patients and clinicians
- We build capabilities that can scale to serve millions of patients a year
What you bring:
- Proven track record of successful scientific and/or software program management
- A strong background in genetics or molecular biology (PhD, MS or equivalent experience)
- Excellent communication, teamwork and organizational skills
- An ability to identify development program bottlenecks, find solutions and relentlessly push implementation forward
- A desire to work in a fast paced environment on a wide range of projects
- Programming experience and/or experience working with software development a plus
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Take advantage of comprehensive benefits, including health, dental, and vision.
Have peace of mind with generous vacation days ("take all the time you need; don't let your team down") and an excellent family leave policy.
We offer competitive salaries and equity in a rapidly growing company.
Work how you want
We make work easy with flexible working hours, the computer and accessories of your choice, and opportunities to work from home.
Invitae at a glance
Invitae focuses on Biotechnology. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Austin, Boston, and Seattle. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Invitae has raised $195.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014.