Specializing in genetic diagnostics for hereditary disorders
Project Manager - Medical Affairs
Project Manager, Medical Affairs
Location: San Francisco Bay Area or Remote
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life. ****
The Project Manager, Medical Affairs position is responsible for coordinating and monitoring medical affairs activities spanning publications, collaborations, and medical affairs support for client visits, sales training, and other forums. The project manager serves as a liaison with sales, marketing, and communications teams to ensure appropriate flow of information between medical affairs and these groups. This position organizes medical affairs support for commercial teams and measures the outcomes from that support.
What you will do:
- Communicating and coordinating plans for the execution of medical affairs priorities in collaboration with the medical affairs liaison team.
- In collaboration with MALs and medical affairs core group, develop, monitor, maintain, and train other Invitae teams about required medical affairs workflows.
- Tracking and triaging Medical Affairs requests via JIRA (including sponsorship/medical education, requests for speakers, expert opinion, sales, marketing, commercial requests) and pulling together the necessary info for internal discussion.
- Monitoring Jira to communicate with relevant stakeholders to follow up on outstanding tickets.
- Supporting the process to receive, review, and decide on external scientific collaborations.
- Tracking publications and presentations progress.
- Overseeing the medical/legal/regulatory review process for externally facing scientific materials.
- Facilitating application processes for GC student rotations.
- Coordinating with the Data/SciCom team to monitor the active list of scientific collateral and publications in progress and ensuring that stakeholders remain on track with action items on each project.
- Periodically report to MALs and wider medical affairs team on relevant topics impacting the team, including the active list of data and scientific writing projects across clinical areas and cross functional OMs.
- Coordinating with the Clinical Data Analysis team on data requests from clients and collaborators
- Providing support for the Medical Affairs Liaison team with data or presentations required to interact with clients; monitoring collaborations in progress to ensure projects move forward on agreed timeframes.
- Overseeing cooperative contractual agreements with clients requesting and using data from Invitae
- Organizing submission of Invitae information to public databases.
- Liaising with commercial teams as needed to organize medical affairs support for client meetings and sales training.
- Study tracking via partner/study codes to track progress of studies
- Performing literature searches
- Performing straightforward data analysis in support of collaborations and internal presentations, create charts, pivot tables, etc.
- Planning and organizing regular meetings for the core medical affairs team. Creating and tracking agenda templates, entering agenda items, taking notes during meetings and calls, following-up on action items, and reporting on relevant topics to MALs and other relevant groups as needed.
- Collecting feedback from internal and external stakeholders to inform improvements in the medical affairs team operations and medical policy
Who you are:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in life sciences or genetic counselor
- A minimum of 3 years of experience of project management experience. Strong project management and communication skills and ability to effectively moderate interactions among stakeholders.
- Excellent time management and project tracking methods to ensure high productivity in medical affairs projects (familiarity with Confluence and Jira preferred)
- Technical knowledge regarding compliance with guidelines, security, and privacy as applicable to clinical data is preferred.
- Proven track record of managing complex projects on aggressive timelines, resolution of bottlenecks, and maintenance of study records.
- Experience in a commercial and scientific setting and awareness of the roles, involvement, and contributions of various commercial teams to the company’s growth.
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Take advantage of comprehensive benefits, including health, dental, and vision.
Have peace of mind with generous vacation days ("take all the time you need; don't let your team down") and an excellent family leave policy.
We offer competitive salaries and equity in a rapidly growing company.
Work how you want
We make work easy with flexible working hours, the computer and accessories of your choice, and opportunities to work from home.
Invitae at a glance
Invitae focuses on Biotechnology. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Austin, Boston, and Seattle. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Invitae has raised $195.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014.