Specializing in genetic diagnostics for hereditary disorders
SCHEDULE: Tues - Sat, traditional PST hours
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about harnessing the power of technology to push our capabilities forward in the quest to deliver genetic information at scale. We are looking for a multi-talented, detail oriented Cytogenetic Technologist to join our Irvine laboratory who can with minimum supervision, perform Cytogenetics and FISH sample processing and microscopic analysis.
What you'll do:
- Perform scanning and microscope analysis of Cytogenetic and FISH specimens
- Perform Prenatal specimen processing (set-up, harvest, culture maintenance)
- Enter and review final report data on the computerized laboratory information system
What you bring:
- 2-6 years laboratory testing experience in a diagnostics production laboratory performing cytogenetics and/or FISH sample processing and analysis
- Familiarity with computerized image analysis including capturing images and preparing karyotypes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed for interaction with all members of the laboratory team
- Shift is Tuesday to Saturday, from 9:00am to 5:30pm
- Language(s) English
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline or medical technology
- California State license as a Clinical Cytogenetics Scientist (CCS)
- Certification as CG (ASCP)
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Take advantage of comprehensive benefits, including health, dental, and vision.
Have peace of mind with generous vacation days ("take all the time you need; don't let your team down") and an excellent family leave policy.
We offer competitive salaries and equity in a rapidly growing company.
Work how you want
We make work easy with flexible working hours, the computer and accessories of your choice, and opportunities to work from home.
Invitae at a glance
Invitae focuses on Biotechnology. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Austin, Boston, and Seattle. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Invitae has raised $195.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014.