Specializing in genetic diagnostics for hereditary disorders
Senior Software Engineer - Genetics$130k – $170k • 5.0% – 9.0%
About this job
Compensation: $130k - 170k | Equity
Location options: Remote
reactjs, python, django, mysql, scala
Invitae is a healthcare technology company that leverages genetic information to empower doctors and patients to make informed medical decisions. Our software engineers work on a variety of projects ranging from innovations in healthcare systems to taming the chaos of biology. We're constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality actionable information for patient health. If you want to apply your knowledge and skills to improve the lives of millions of people join our team.
About our team:
Invitae needs experienced engineers with diverse backgrounds to help us achieve our mission - provide genetic information to billions of people. We are a cross-functional team of scientific domain experts and dedicated, curious engineers. We build systems that take massive amounts of genomic data, combine it with the world's scientific literature, add to it years of rigorously curated results, and package it all neatly for our scientists to consume. It's a lot of information. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That's where you come in.
What you will do:
• Help define and build new features or applications based on technology and business needs.
• Minimum 5 years experience
• Write structured, tested, readable and maintainable code.
• Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
• Lead technical efforts for internal or external customer needs.
• Support your teammates by continuing to learn and grow.
What you bring:
• Industry experience with full stack architecture and distributed systems.
• Multiple years of industry experience with backend or frontend frameworks such as:
• Other common industry standards
• Hands-on experience with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, etc.). Tuning and query optimization a plus.
• Top-notch communication skills. Experience with distributed teams is a plus.
• A mission-oriented mindset and a desire to never stop learning.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Take advantage of comprehensive benefits, including health, dental, and vision.
Have peace of mind with generous vacation days ("take all the time you need; don't let your team down") and an excellent family leave policy.
We offer competitive salaries and equity in a rapidly growing company.
Work how you want
We make work easy with flexible working hours, the computer and accessories of your choice, and opportunities to work from home.
Invitae at a glance
Invitae focuses on Biotechnology. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Austin, Boston, and Seattle. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Invitae has raised $195.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014.