Redefining the way companies apply ML to business
Web Services Engineer
We are looking for developers with a history of Open Source or professional development to help us build and improve hCaptcha.com. We are ideally looking for someone with a diverse background in various disciplines. Examples of specialties include highly available systems, DevOps, DevSecOps, frontend development, managing large amounts of data, and machine learning. No one person knows it all but we want someone with a few places they contribute.
Our hCaptcha.com service, built on the HUMAN Protocol, already has millions of daily users and is growing rapidly. Join us as we work to open source many of the underlying components, integrate with many other systems, and apply insights in active learning to our production ML systems. You will be working across our entire backend software stack which includes our captcha system and our weakly-supervised labeling system.
You should be an expert in Python, but it should not be your only language. You'll be adding code throughout our stack and across many of our different projects. Since you'll be working on machine learning infrastructure, knowledge, or experience in machine learning and math is a huge plus.
- Designing, architecting, communicating technical designs and improvements to high capacity, highly available systems including hcaptcha.com itself.
- hCaptcha practices DevOps, so you should be comfortable handling the operations around your code. You will be responsible for monitoring and operating the code you develop. You should be able to mentor other engineers in DevOps practices.
- If you have strong security expertise, you will also be providing security architectural assistance, assisting with security tool management, and providing mentorship as a part of a devsecops practice.
- Writing clearly structured, maintainable, well documented, and tested code that meets our requirements and goals. It should be high quality enough to be open-sourced.
- Helping with on-call and CI/CD operations.
Please send your CV, GitHub, and a brief description of what most interests you, along with your dates of availability and preferred location.
IMI does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
We are a fully remote company
We have just enough meetings. Not too much, not too little. Everyone is remote-first enabling a worldwide workforce.
We have a very generous paid vacation program. The best in the industry.
Our san francisco office is pet friendly
Our SF office is fully optional but we supply free food and a place for dogs to play.