The best platform for nonprofits looking to grow revenue (YC S16)
Head of Growth$120k – $160k • 1.0% – 2.0%
Instrumentl is growing our team! We are hiring a Head of Growth to help us grow from our first 1200 customers to our next 10000.
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing, profitable SaaS company that has already scaled the product to 1200 customers at the leadership level. Our growth team has been incredibly lean and mean so far, but to get us to the next 10,000 customers we need an experienced Head of Growth at the leadership level.
Instrumentl is a profitable, YC-backed startup helping over 1,200 nonprofits from local homeless shelters to larger organizations like the San Diego Zoo and the University of Alaska. We are building the future of fundraising automation and helping nonprofits efficiently discover, track and manage grants through our SaaS platform.
The Instrumentl team is fully distributed (read: no office!). For this position, we are looking for someone based in the continental US.
- A growth generalist with experience owning and working across the full growth funnel
- Able to flow between owning the overall growth strategy and executing the nitty gritty details
- Skilled in storytelling, positioning, and messaging
- Analytical and metrics-driven, and comfortable digging into data
- Hungry for impact & growth and motivated by constant learning
- Results-driven and capable of executing in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about Instrumentl’s mission and the work done by the nonprofit community
Things You Will Do
- Be a strategic thought partner to the CEO
- Think actively about our entire funnel and identify the highest priority initiatives for company growth
- Drive discovery of our 100,000+ public grant and funder related pages
- Develop, model, and test pricing improvements
- Create and qualify leads through initiatives including SEO optimization, content marketing, nurture programs, partner marketing, email campaigns, webinars, and other channels
- Be the voice of the customer, understand customer needs and define Instrumentl's positioning and messaging across various customer segments through qualitative and quantitative research
- Influence the product roadmap by continually refining and synthesizing your understanding of the market and customers we serve
- Set the foundation for Instrumentl's growth team culture and hire teammates who complement your skills
What you’ll need
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 3+ years of experience being an owner of an early stage company's growth strategy
- Ability to operate and lead effectively in a remote setting
- Ability to recruit and develop top growth talent. Excellent cross-functional collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience founding your own company is a huge plus!
Why join Instrumentl
At Instrumentl we are lucky to kick it everyday with some of the nicest people in the world. No joke, our customers are often on the front lines saving endangered species, restoring watersheds and educating kids. In helping them take advantage of Instrumentl’s technology, you’re helping them advance their missions.
You’ll be the 10th member of our small but mighty team and play a huge role in shaping our culture and processes for the years and teammates to come.
Instrumentl is growing and changing rapidly. You’ll always have new challenges and opportunities to grow in your role - you won’t be bored!
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Health and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Laptop + $500 to set up your home workstation
- Work with awesome nonprofits around the US. We partner with some of the best nonprofits doing the most meaningful work and you get to help them be more successful.
How to apply
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
*Instrumentl is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.