Insights from your assembly line
Associate Program Manager$65k – $90k • % – 0.05%
Instrumental is an optimization platform for hardware manufacturing. Our system transforms data captured on assembly lines into insights that increase speed, reduce costs, and improve quality. Instrumental supports a portfolio of global Fortune 1000 companies that are building high quality hardware, including items you use every day. We are growing quickly and deploy to manufacturing lines throughout Asia and North America.
Instrumental is looking for a get-things-done Associate Program Manager to join our Palo Alto team, supporting manufacturing lines throughout North America (there will also be opportunity to work with our Shenzhen deploying throughout Asia). Operations is the customer facing, action-oriented backbone of Instrumental, handling everything from logistics and global supply chain, to implementation of our systems into factories, and interfacing with executives and key stakeholders at our client companies.
As an Operations associate, you will ultimately own the success and experience for a portfolio of our customers. As part of this, you will:
- Own and accelerate the success of assigned customer programs, from on-boarding through renewal
- Interface with executives from Fortune 100 companies and the world’s top tech factories to drive manufacturing goals and solve complex issues
- Plan and deliver deployments, directly overseeing implementation of our system at our customers’ factories in the US and Mexico, and potentially in Asia Pacific.
- Use the Instrumental software platform, and its powerful machine learning tools, to analyze customer data, perform data analysis, and compile and curate actionable insights for key stakeholders.
- Oversee day-to-day operational status of our systems in conjunction with engineering
- Develop and implement strategies with the Ops team to support our global growth.
- Travel to cool places!
Let’s talk if...:
- You are adept at evaluating and mitigating risk, particularly in the context of a rapidly iterated global supply chain and logistical process.
- You pay close attention to detail and take pride in successful execution of complex projects
- You think big (and out of the box) to drive change and innovate internal processes
- You possess strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems logically
- You’re biased towards action - you know what needs to get done, how to prioritize tasks and you take initiative where appropriate.
- You communicate well with key stakeholders, including executives and engineers (bonus points if you have customer service or engineering experience).
- You are open to traveling and have a valid Passport with an eagerness to use it, as this role may require travel up to 30% of the time. Travel around North America is required for this role, while travel to Asia is a possibility.
Nice to haves:
- Background in data analytics, financial modeling, content creation or manufacturing
- Customer service experience, whether that’s from a job, volunteer work, etc
- Experience working with a global supply chain and managing a range of cross-functional logistical processes
- Work and/or living experience in China.
vInterest in manufacturing or how things are made
- Ability to speak a foreign language (Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese, Thai, Korean, Portuguese and German)
Please apply on our website:
Instrumental at a glance
Instrumental focuses on Machine Learning, Consumer Electronics, Cloud Data Services, and Manfacturing. Their company has offices in Palo Alto. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Instrumental has raised $7.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2017.