Where hospitality businesses and talent find each other
Senior Manager: Growth Marketing (Remote)
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for all businesses that support an hourly workforce. We create flexible opportunities for workers to earn additional income, build new skills, and even test out new employers prior to accepting full-time positions. Our vision is to organize the world's labor force and make it as accessible to local businesses as tap water.
We've been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Spark Capital (Nabeel Hyatt), Y-Combinator, SV Angel, CrunchFund, and many more. We're growing rapidly and are expanding across the US.
As the Senior Growth Marketing Manager, you will lead demand generation and lead acquisition of Mid-Market/Enterprise businesses across multiple industry segments. You'll own acquisition via paid and owned marketing.
To be successful you'll be highly analytical, entrepreneurial, and results-focused. You'll be excited by startup agility and empowerment and motivated by our mission to bring economic opportunity to underserved hourly workers. You'll be a growth hacker at heart - driven to find scrappy and creative solutions to achieve results through ambiguity. You'll have your finger on the pulse of the latest marketing tech and analytics. You’ll also get ample opportunity to experiment with both online and offline tactics, working with different teams to bring ideas to life. You'll report to the Head of Marketing and partner with Product, Sales, Operations, and Finance teams to meet shared goals.
- Deeply understand our customers, our product, and our business strategies.
- Lead our central customer growth engine to achieve acquisition targets and fuel profitable growth.
- Own the end-to-end strategy, media planning, and execution of demand generation and performance marketing campaigns
- Own our marketing tech stack, working closely with our sales operations team to build scalable acquisition and nurture programs.
- Innovate. Continuously test and optimize targeting, bid strategies, creative and landing page/app experience to drive volume and ROI.
- Manage day-to-day operations across multiple channels, owning any technology or agency relationships. Tech stack includes Hubspot, Salesforce, Iterable, among others.
- Deliver critical reporting and analysis to fuel marketing optimization.
- Leverage tools and technology to automate campaigns and reporting.
- Collaborate effectively with Growth, GMs/Operations, Product, Engineering and Finance.
- 7+ years in a Growth, Demand Generation, or Performance Marketing Hands-on experience in managing performance marketing campaigns to deliver profitable growth to target and budget.
- Experience with LinkedIn paid social preferred.
- Knowledgeable about the latest marketing tech stack, web and app analytics.
- Experience setting up UTM tracking, campaign attribution, and ROI calculation methodologies.
- Analytical chops, able to draw insightful conclusions from heavy data sets. Experience using BI tools like Tableau and Chartio. SQL preferred.
- Technically proficient in campaign targeting, testing measurement and optimization across social and various paid and owned channels.
- Intellectually curious, empathetic, and driven to solve hard problems
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Comfortable making decisions amidst ambiguity, strong bias for action.
- Adept at and enjoy partnering cross-functionally.
- Prefer experience in 2-sided marketplaces managing both supply and demand acquisition.
- A bachelor's degree in marketing/business/psychology or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about our mission to empower underserved hourly professionals and pioneer the future of work.
- Location: anywhere in the U.S., ideally in Chicago, Bay Area, NYC, LA
Instawork at a glance
Instawork focuses on Mobile, Internet, Hospitality, Local, and Small and Medium Businesses. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, and Miami. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Instawork has raised $28M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.