Where hospitality businesses and talent find each other
Platform Engineer₹12L – ₹25L
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Develop & maintain shared APIs, libraries and frameworks
* Improve the performance and reliability of our services including databases, CI/CD pipeline, web services, and other integrations
* Monitor and scale our cloud infrastructure
* Collaborate with other teams on security, automation, and internal tools
* Evaluate and develop new tools and technologies that can help achieve company-level goals
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
* 6+ years software development experience
* Industry experience programming with Python/Django (preferred), JS, Ruby or other modern languages
* Experience with relational or NoSQL databases such as MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Neo4j
* Deployed cloud infrastructure and distributed systems on AWS
* Experience with Docker orchestration (ECS, k8s, etc)
* Familiarity with ETL & data pipelines is a nice-to-have
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Bias for Action -- We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity frequently.
* Act Like an Owner -- We have a strong ownership mentality, because of this, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
* Always Be Learning -- We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger.
* Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Being empathetic to our users and each other helps build trust in our community and company, and fosters successful decision-making.
Instawork's goal is to be the essential hiring engine for small to medium-sized businesses across the globe. Our first step toward this goal is to become the "the Uber of Staffing” as our technology enables us to service needs of the massive gig economy. We are well positioned in the hospitality space (think catering companies, multi-location restaurants, hotels, event venues, golf courses) and looking to quickly expand our reach across the country and then the globe. 10% of Americans work in the hospitality industry and staffing is the by far the biggest struggle the industry faces for both the business and the worker. This presents a unique opportunity for a major disruption to the outdated job boards or help wanted signs in the window.
We are making a difference for thousands of businesses in multiple markets and currently looking for top-notch talent that want to change the way brick & mortar and large event venues utilize on-demand talent to fill staffing gaps. Essentially we are enabling gig workers to spend their extra time to make extra money to close the gap on their financial needs.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Spark Capital, GV, Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.
Instawork at a glance
Instawork focuses on Mobile, Internet, Hospitality, Local, and Small and Medium Businesses. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, and Miami. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Instawork has raised $28M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.